Raptor fuel pump for WMO?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Anyone using the Raptor pump? The Carter mechanical pump kicked the bucket on me, so i flipped over to the Holley Blue electric which does not like WMO at all.

I've installed Raptors on WVO conversions i've done at the shop. I figured if they can pump wvo reliably, wmo can't be too much harder on them.

But before i go and drop the big $$$ on one.... Any users?

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Why not try the turbowerx pump that wmoguy is using? I think the only issue he had was regulating the pressure low enough for the ip. It was listed at 250 on their site.
You posted in his thread but I thought maybe you might not have remembered.
I can't help with the raptor as I haven't ever had one. Hell, I'm just running a mechanical on mine. Anyway the turbowerx looks interesting.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...-Holy-power-gain-Batman!!&highlight=turbowerx

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Why not try the turbowerx pump that wmoguy is using? I think the only issue he had was regulating the pressure low enough for the ip. It was listed at 250 on their site.
You posted in his thread but I thought maybe you might not have remembered.
I can't help with the raptor as I haven't ever had one. Hell, I'm just running a mechanical on mine. Anyway the turbowerx looks interesting.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...-Holy-power-gain-Batman!!&highlight=turbowerx

I have one of their pumps from when i did a remote mount turbo on my V6 F150. They specifically say not for use as a fuel pump. I had their "premium" version too.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of their pumps from when i did a remote mount turbo on my V6 F150. They specifically say not for use as a fuel pump. I had their "premium" version too.

Could the disclaimer be because 1) the one which makes no sense to me- it can't handle diesel or not flam-proof for gasoline, 2) my biggest suspicion why- a lot of people don't know what a pressure regulator is and they don't want the liability for wrecking IP's or flooding engines/ blowing out carbs etc?

I wonder what other reasons there could be?

Their site says this:

Alternative applications
The pump can be used as a transmission fluid pump, to pump system coolant, and as a
pressure pump for water/alcohol injection. It can handle diesel fuel as well. All the same
conditions/suggestions above still apply.

for this pump: http://turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pumps/Base-Model_Pump_Manual/files/Base-Model Pump_Manual.pdf

Since it's used specifically for oil, and can take diesel per their instruction, a WMO set up seems perfect to me. The only dilemma I see is, it only primes to 5 feet (suction side), it is designed as a pusher so relocating to the rail may be necessary.

Maybe the one you have/installed was/is different?

$150-$200 saving will buy some other good stuff too, like the regulator and line.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
My pump is on the rail anyway. I've used the Raptors before. I'm gonna get another one for the General. Let you know how it all works out.

wmoguy

Reaction score
The base model pump (turbowerx) has worked fine for me thus far w/ roughly 7k miles on it. The reason I was told it's not fuel rated is because of liability purposes. I have my pump mounted on the passenger side fender and it draws fuel just fine from my transfer tank (only fuel tank) which is in the bed of my pickup. W/ the pressure regulator on there, enlarged fuel line and return line, it has no issue purring along at the 7psi range even w/ heavy WMO blends. The enlarged return line is a must though, this pump moves too much fuel to try and plumb into the puny lil stock return line

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole fuel system needs to be modified, putting a awesome pump on OEM lines is like bringing a quart of water on a 20 mile mountain hike.

My holley blue pumps WMO just fine @ 1 psi 2 psi 3 psi up to 14 psi
I have it plumbed in with a return line system with dual feeds dual returns and a bypass regulator the has a boost port.
So at idle the pump puts out 3 psi and at 10lbs boost 13 psi total

Javier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online