Radiator support repair?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
While doing all the electrical work under my truck this week, I noticed that my radiator support isn't supported itself.

Have any of you ever repaired the support yourself? If so, please let me know if there are any pics available. I'd like to try repairing it, instead of replacing it. I'v not had much luck finding one anyway.

With my truck now running, I plan on attending the rally. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Gary,
Check out the operation gold digger link in my sig. There'is a few pics in there starting on page 9.
If you can find a decent lower half your in business with a drill, air chisel and a grinding wheel. Oh and a welder. The lower half is spot welded to the upper half right alon the the sides.
Tis bout the only way since they aint makin them new anymore unless you can find a boneyard one.

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
They are still being made, I'm trying to get one myself....I've been told I can get one for $250 plus taxes so I'm going to put a deposit down and order it in this week....Wish me luck or I'll be repairing mine too. I'll be doing one of the two options when I go to replace the fenders.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
LMC has the things new
Any parts store would be able to order you one as well through their collision parts catalogs.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Locally I've had a bit of a hard time getting one, seems a lot of the stores use the same manufacturer and it's on indefinite back order. We'll see what happens with the store that says they can get one....Maybe it will be the right one too...LOL

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I looked at LMC, but the earliest one they have for diesel is 1992.

I may have one here that you could have if you want to pay the shipping on the thing. Not sure if that's the right year or not, but I think it is. I can look for numbers on it or what have you. It had some cuss'ed em battery trays welded on by the previous owner. Look ugly but sturdy

Attachments

• radsup1.jpg
    radsup1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 9
  • radsup2.jpg
    radsup2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 9
  • radsup3.jpg
    radsup3.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 14

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
dont forget there are two different radiators used so the core supports are different. i need to see which one mine is as my core support is shot.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt, I think I found a good used one locally for $100. I tried to get it this morning but the star's were not aligned I guess because it was looked in his f-inlaws garage and nobody was home..... I hope to get a look at it this week otherwise I'll keep trying to order a new one.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I may have one here that you could have if you want to pay the shipping on the thing. Not sure if that's the right year or not, but I think it is. I can look for numbers on it or what have you. It had some cuss'ed em battery trays welded on by the previous owner. Look ugly but sturdy

Would you look for some numbers?? I'll also check on what I have..

Thanks for the offer!!

Gary

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMC diesel rad supports do not work. I had to send one back 2 months ago & they are aware of the problem.

Rick

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certifit can get just about anything you need. They are based all over the country.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I heard the same thing from one local retailer...He said there was 3 different diesel rad supports for 2 different size rad's and ones with A/C?:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70