RABS dump valve bypass. oem part.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does exist. commonly found on F450 superduties 88-97.
will post the p/n later.
just look at the pics in the meantime.

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::hail:hail:love::thumbsup: Man o man... I'm going shopping next chance I get... Thanks for finding this... I so hate the rabs peddle feel...

gandalf

Reaction score
I want one of those too.

I'll bet there was one on the Superduty I got the hydroboost from. However, when I finished pulling the hydroboost I was in no shape to look. I barely made it out of the Pick-n-Pull.:puke::eek: Maybe next time...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want one of those too.

I'll bet there was one on the Superduty I got the hydroboost from. However, when I finished pulling the hydroboost I was in no shape to look. I barely made it out of the Pick-n-Pull.:puke::eek: Maybe next time...
i've never liked the monterey rd. p-n-p ever since I came down with cardiac and respiratory issues. before lugging two tool bags and truck parts was no prob. these days it's more like the Bhutan death march.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Guys.. Been there and done that too in the pick n pulls. In my case it was the runs.. Doing the penguin walk and not making it to the portable. Then finding no tissue paper in there but a 3 foot piece on the horrible looking floor. And the best part was finding out boxers will hold the runs and not spill out....:eek::thumbsup: Yes, that was a day I will never forget.. I had to cut up a nice long sleeve work shirt that day and lost a good pair of boxers too....:rotflmao I didn't nearly die there but I sure felt like I did....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sooo.. I have been thinking about this ever since it was posted here and I have some questions to leagal issues. If this is a Ford modification to a brake system is it legal to install and if it is whats going to happen in an accident with this. Second question... Why can't we just bypass this damn thing our selves and be done with it.. Third question.. Would doing this bypass our selves have any legal consaquense... I have never felt the rabs valve was very dependable. If I hammer the brakes the back end will chirp the ground.. Then it lets loose and I roll farther than I feel the truck should with very little brakeing going on up front or in the back. No amount of foot pressure on the brake peddle changes this either. Something stinks in denmark around here...

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is any legal requirement to keep ABS functional. Although any place with a safety inspection might fail you if they see the light on. The only real problem would be if your insurance company thinks the truck has ABS and you disable it, they might not pay out if you get into an accident.

Tim.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is any legal requirement to keep ABS functional. Although any place with a safety inspection might fail you if they see the light on. The only real problem would be if your insurance company thinks the truck has ABS and you disable it, they might not pay out if you get into an accident.

Tim.
In all due honesty, any mod from stock and you are breaking at least one law if not more. How the laws are enforced in where you live will determine if this mod is good for you or not. I have no ABS light due to the fact the ABS system was disabled years ago. If you have safety inspections in your locale and they focus on items like your ABS, then this mod is not for you.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...has the part number been posted, and I am just not seeing it,OR do I need to patiently wait a while longer? :D

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for MA which does not include the ABS system in even the safety inspection.

Tim.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...has the part number been posted, and I am just not seeing it,OR do I need to patiently wait a while longer? :D

i actually had to to do real work these last couple of days. will get the numbers a little bit later. I was hoping the one I installed had a p/n after cleaning it off....no such luck. I have an older one that's cast and it has a number. I need to pull it out of my storage in the gray truck to get the numbers.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
should load this info up into the parts bin and tech when you get the number! mine seems fine so far, i actually have a really good brake feel but i would like to know this info if that changes.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
My insurance co asked if I had ABS when they covered teh thing, but they never gave me the discount on the policy, so I can safely assume that their computer thinks that our trucks really dont have an ABS system that works worth a flip to begin with , so I don't think I'd be in any kind of hot water ditching it. I[ve never liked any kind of abs setup anyway. I like being in full control of my brakes

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok perhaps I'm an idiot, whether I am or not is not the point...nor do I wish to debate that here.

*** is this doohickey and what does it do?

Please provide clear concise information.

Thank you.

Al

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it deletes the RABS valve while maintaining the stock brake lines. From the pictures it looks like two fittings with essentially a blank line between them in the casting that bolts in teh stock location. Does that sum it up?? Haven't seen one personally just looking at the pictures.