R&D IDI Performance recommended.....

flyarmyguns

Reaction score
R&D is definitely my new go to guy... Most honest helpful businessman I recall dealing with. I called to order parts and spoke to Justin, he told me to save my money! Here's why;

An aftermarket turbo, wicked wheel, or even a 3" flange and down pipe will increase power so minutely over the stock equipment, that for my application it's just not worth it. He explained that those things help a ton once you step up to bigger pumps and injectors, and internal mods like a cam, porting, etc.... Given what I want to accomplish, those mods aren't worth doing.

He explained how to get the most from tuning my OEM pump and wastegate, and how he's seen HP gains that rival the gains from big dollar aftermarket turbo kits.

That said, the limit with OEM parts is....

Head gaskets; At some point (OEM head bolts are so inconsistent max boost can't be determined) high boost numbers will blow head gaskets, and ARP studs are required.

EGTs; When getting the power I want results in extreme EGTs, mods are required, starting with the 3 inch exhaust flange and downpipe, intercooler, etc.

R&D is one hell of a shop!

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Yes he is amazing, just ordered a 100cc pump from him and got the stuff to delete the filter housing and mech pump. His customer service is phenomenal and so is his work. I can say one thing, he isn't in it for the money...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's why he's a whole 1/3 of the recommended places to go to for pumps and injectors. I haven't personally had any dealings with him, but I wouldn't hesitate to in the future.

Chemgrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Justin and R&D are awesome. Glad to hear that he is answering the phone again as I had heard some were having issues getting in touch with him. He's a good guy.