Quite possibly the dumbest thread I ever read

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I just read somewhere that the 6.9L was infact one of Ford's intended gas engines, and converted to diesel much like the chev. (olds) Big Block 350 into the 350 diesel. I thought the same thing about it not being true. But I dont think the 6.9 was ever in production as a gas motor in anything.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some info that I know

The hole in the front of the block has a breather tube and oil cap on in industrial applications . I was driving across the desert in cali and saw one on an irrigation pump. And the camera was out of film :mad: I have layed the gas IH block next to our IDI and the only similarities I could find were that they are both damn heavy.
I put a 460 up to my diesel zf and only the top 2 holes lined up and they are not exact, I drilled and reamed the bell to accept the dowels and bolts for the 460.There was enough meat to do it, Looks like they use the same casting for the gas and diesel Zf.
23 years with a wrench in my hand making a good living so I know a little about a hell of a lot. :Sly
Love thes site
Russ

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Had a Scout with a Nissan TD in it--slow as Christmas! Rusty with a capital R--and it was a Texas truck--never saw salt as far as I know. Couldn't pat your foot too hard without danger of a Fred Flintstone braking exercise!!

Tough front-end, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online