Quick Waterpump Question...

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that my waterpump is beginning to go out on my F350. Being that the 7.3IDI is an International engine I was just wondering if there is any difference between the International waterpump and one from Ford?

...just asking since I'd rather bring my business to the International dealer in town rather than the Ford stealership.

Thanks
George

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think gary (icanfixall) posted a find on ebay awhile back a international fan that looked like it bolted onto the water pump instead of threading on like ours. I am sure there is a international part for an identical water pump as ours but not sure.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't go by that guys guide on the listing. He says it fits powerstrokes also says it fits up to a 94. I know it wouldn't work on my truck it doesn't have the threads for the clutch fan. So I wonder if all 6.9's had this type of water pump or maybe just older ones? I guess I have no idea. The 90 and 94 7.3's I have been around both had a water pump that has threads on it for the clutch fan. Just noticed also it says it fits a 7.2 powerstroke, where can I find one of those.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks to me like the above is an either-or pump by the drilled flange.... I have bought new and rebuilt water pumps from my international deler and back then they were not at all too costly.... Ebay has plenty of these new and rebuilt pumps up for bid. Some are as high as $150.00 plus shipping for the same thing another seller has listed for $40.00......:dunno If you buy from one of those "lifetime garranty stores be warned... You will be replacing it soon but... It only costs you the one time... then all the replacements are free... to bad they don't pay the labor charge for the constant replacement of the crappy rebuilds... Been there too.... Never again.... Some really have no problems with the lifetime warranty parts... Not me.....:cry: