quick question

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am installing a fuel pressure gauge in my truck and i am curious as to where the best place would be to put the sender for the gauge between lift pump and filter or between filter and injection pump which is where i think it should go so i would know if the ip is starving but just wanted your guys input thanks for any intel you have to offer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The best place is between the filter and the injection pump. But thats also the more difficult place for it. Just fyi the feed line from the lift pump to the filter is 3/8 and the filter to the injection pump is 5/16 tubing. Probably the easiest place for the pressure gauge is of the vacum sender switch. That port tells you if the line to the injection pump has a restriction and it shows up as a vacuum. Just add a few 1/8th inch pipe thread fittings and your good to go.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most guys put it on the filter head. That way it can tell you if your filter is getting clogged up some, as you will see a decrease in pressure. If its between the housing and the pump, all it will tell you is if the pump is working.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking that between the ip and filter would be best of both worlds because i dont want to starve the ip and at that same time itd tell me if i may have other delivery issues ie. filter lift pump blocked line ect.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am installing a fuel pressure gauge in my truck and i am curious as to where the best place would be to put the sender for the gauge.......

FIRST AND FOREMOST is this an electric gauge or a mechanical guage?

If manual NEVER EVER EVER RUN FUEL INTO THE CAB OF THE TRUCK. NOT EVER

USE AN ISOLATOR FOR THE GAUGE see below
You must be registered for see images attach

RUNNING FUEL INTO THE CAB OF THE TRUCK IS LOOKING FOR DISASTER IN AN EMERGENCY. DO NOT DO ITcookoocookoocookoo

How ever an electrical sending unit and electrical gauge is more than safe and good to go!;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

wanted your guys input thanks for any intel you have to offer.

SEE ABOVE WARING