Questions regarding crew cab IDIs

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that my uncle's 94 IDI Crew Cab has power rear windows, but for all I know, he could have converted it when he had to tear the driver's side rear door apart when he accidentaly shot it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look in arizona for a snowbird truck, sometimes you can pick up a smokin deal on a truck.
Long bed CC 4x4's are really common here in the NW

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get through 95% of drive through bank windows in my dually with 2" wheel spacers in the back to clear the 37x12.50's... its just real close. The last crew cab I drove turned great... after I took 3 ft off the frame and stuck the rear axle directly behind the cab LOL

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I found many CC long beds with gassers in them... Finally found my current one with a 6.9 in it and bought it for $600. I almost feel a little guilty for getting it so cheap, but it did need some work and I've already put a lot into it (more time than money though).

Attachments

• Image030.jpg
    Image030.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Image031.jpg
    Image031.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Image032.jpg
    Image032.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
I found many CC long beds with gassers in them... Finally found my current one with a 6.9 in it and bought it for $600. I almost feel a little guilty for getting it so cheap, but it did need some work and I've already put a lot into it (more time than money though).

That truck looks great;Sweet I cant believe you got that things for $600:eek:, did you have to paint it or do any body work to it

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '85 (see below) is a full size bed, dually, CC and 4WD. I think it was a Centurion factory conversion from a SRW. And it does take ten miles to make a U-turn. 23ft long with the overhung camper.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
That truck looks great;Sweet I cant believe you got that things for $600:eek:, did you have to paint it or do any body work to it

No paint needed or any body work!;Sweet I added the marker lights, wheels and tires, aluminum bed rails, grille, and have put a brake controller in it. I had to replace the windshield ($150 new with installation). The parts truck donated the driver's side front door glass, steering column, IP, injectors, turbo, and 4" exhaust (I bought a 3' piece of 4" pipe and extended the exhaust that was on the standard cab). Like I said, I have more time into it than anything. It was non-running when I brought it home (ended up being a melted power wire to the IP - took a few days to figure it out:mad:). It only has the Dana 50 axle in the front (Dana 60 went under them in mid '85, and mine is an early '85). Dana 70 LS rear with 4.10 gears. I'm going to add a Dana 60 under it and a ZF5 when I get the money.

DeadMan

Reaction score
Duallies were 8' beds and not factory 4WD until the stupid duty in '99.

Rear windows were not power in the IDI years. 95 (?) started the rear power windows.

Umm,.. Maybe not common, but they are out there. And yes, with power rear windows. ;Sweet

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy who was selling a 89 cc dually 2x4 that he had bought off the showroom floor in 89 - he said at that point, they did not make a dually 4x4 - these didn't come factory until either the 92 or 93 model year (I don't remember). I'm sure the centurion conversions had a dually 4x4, seeing as they made just about anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828