Question about Tires from Wally-World And Dealerships

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the Tracker2 tires on my Explorer and Ranger a few years ago and never had an issue. They seemed to hold up well. Although I really like the Michelin LTX M/S I have on my truck now.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
As stated above. Walmart, sams club and sears all have tires made to their spec for them.
All are made at a lesser quality than the name brand quality tire you would of bought thru goodyear, BFG or the like.

it is like going to Home depot and buying a John Deere. You dont buy a John Deere for 1500, they are 5000. You get what you pay for

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a Ford dealership and we have very competitive priced tires compared to everybody but WM. The tires there are not as high quality. I personally wouldn't run them on my truck.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck that I just bought has the wal-mart good year wrangler authority A/Ts on it (They were newly installed by the PO when I bought the truck). 265/75 16's LR E. They seem to be decent tires, and look more like a mud terrain than an all terrain in my opinion. The only complaint I would have with them is that they seem to be made of a somewhat inferior rubber compound (very soft). The reason I know this is that not a month after I bought the truck I blew out the passenger side front shock and the tire literally started to wear significantly every day that I drove it until i replaced the shocks. Now I know that faulty shocks do contribute to premature tire wear, but I have driven vehicles before in the past with terrible/and or no shocks and never had this much noticable tire wear in such a short period of time.
Next tires I will buy are the new Michelin LTX A/T2's. My dad has a set on his 99 f-350 that have been on there since it was a year old with 20k miles and they still look like new. His truck now has 180k miles. They aren't cheap but they do last forever. Truly a PREMIUM tire.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the Tracker2 tires on my Explorer and Ranger a few years ago and never had an issue. They seemed to hold up well. Although I really like the Michelin LTX M/S I have on my truck now.

i put those $hit tires on my expedition-cuss tread was still good, but the tires gave the truck death wobble from hell. they lasted under a year and less then 25k miles

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I buy my delo at Wallmart, $11 VS $17-20 elsewhere :puke: and I buy...um...well, I look at stuff, sometimes cheap isn't such a good deal, Dello is about it, I'd give my money to Napa auto parts if it was $14-15, but not an extra $20 on 3 gallon fill up -cuss

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
friend of mine put wally world special's something called a liberator on her escape. After 12K one by one the tread liberated from the casing!

I put 4 kumho's on it and called it a day. That was 2 years ago and they look great. The Korean tires really seem to be very decent for the money. Hankook, Kumho and Nexen. I only put a set of chinese tires on my truck because they were cheap. they wear well, but they are load range d. If i acutally use the truck like a truck i would have NEVER installed them.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I buy my delo at Wallmart, $11 VS $17-20 elsewhere :puke: and I buy...um...well, I look at stuff, sometimes cheap isn't such a good deal, Dello is about it, I'd give my money to Napa auto parts if it was $14-15, but not an extra $20 on 3 gallon fill up -cuss

Walmart by me has teh delo for 9/gal on rollback. I ran there to buy a fram g3 prefilter since the pos purolater one started leaking and saw the delo on sale. Picked up 8 gals!

BTW the purolator version of the 3/8 clear filter is made in China. The fram is made in Israel??? The fram is cheaper too!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
fram oil filters suck yes. But in my case this is a prefilter for my electric pump. hell it could be a damn sock for all i care i just dont want it to leak and i want to be able to see in it. I usually keep a spare in my truck but i lent one out and forgot to replace and i knew wally world had them in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk