Question about Tires from Wally-World And Dealerships

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Walmart by me has teh delo for 9/gal on rollback. I ran there to buy a fram g3 prefilter since the pos purolater one started leaking and saw the delo on sale. Picked up 8 gals!

BTW the purolator version of the 3/8 clear filter is made in China. The fram is made in Israel??? The fram is cheaper too!

I could swear I saw it foe $9 one day...guess I gotta watch out more often!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
fram oil filters suck yes. But in my case this is a prefilter for my electric pump. hell it could be a damn sock for all i care i just dont want it to leak and i want to be able to see in it. I usually keep a spare in my truck but i lent one out and forgot to replace and i knew wally world had them in stock.

Are you talking about a spin on filter or a little inline filter? Sounds like the latter, not so bad, I don't see much other than fram for those.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
ya i know the feeling. I don't like supporting walmart either, but i needed a filter. the delo was just well i saved 8 dollars a gal from the parts store. I normally run rotella but its getting expensive. Even walmart was 14.88 a gal for rotella.

NP - the little clear 3/8's gas fuel filter....

No fram spin on or even fuel or air filter for me otherwise. This little guy only needs to keep my electric fuel pump from getting plugged.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if their tires are anything like their batteries then I would stay the hell away

Actually, Consumers Reports rates them good!
They serve me very well in my Vette > unlike the 2-Bosh Premium's that just died in my Truck.:puke:

Last edited:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
ya i know the feeling. I don't like supporting walmart either, but i needed a filter. the delo was just well i saved 8 dollars a gal from the parts store. I normally run rotella but its getting expensive. Even walmart was 14.88 a gal for rotella.

NP - the little clear 3/8's gas fuel filter....

No fram spin on or even fuel or air filter for me otherwise. This little guy only needs to keep my electric fuel pump from getting plugged.

If it's $9 a quart I'm pretty sure you aren't supporting them, they have a practice, similar to but more agresive than other large chains, it's called a loss leader, and here is how it works:

You walk in and see stupid cheap oil, it's $9 and everywhere else the price is $18, so you think "half off", great, you buy that oil and walk out with a smile on your face, you saved $$$, they probably paid about $9 for it, perhaps $10, you think everything in the store must be cheap! Another $100 you spend there on things you either would have purchaced somewhere else or not at all, they overcharge for that because they can, you are still thinking of that bright yellow $9 tag :eek:

I walk in, grab my oil, and walk out, Target is about the same price, but better quallity, and if you have ever looked at beer in walley world...I've never seen it on rollback :dunno go figure!

DragRag

Reaction score
Oil by the barrel is cheaper the Wally or any store. Once you have the barrel, bulk delivery is the way to go. Less then $8 per gallon. I go to wally world about once a year, but not for batteries, oil, or tires. I like to buy my Diamond Fire Starters there though. We have a super wally, and it just loaded with crap!

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Actually, Consumers Reports rates them good!
They serve me very well in my Vette > unlike the 2-Bosh Premium's that just died in my Truck.:puke:

I dont know cuz I've never tried them. all I know is that Ive heard a lot more bad then good about them. And they might do fine in a 750cc V-6 Honda but my truck has put batteries and starters through hell and back and takes every bit of the duralasts I have to start it. The last thing I need is for some cheap battery to go bad on me because 8 seconds of cranking is too much for it.

As far oil goes, I usually buy Rotella in 5 gal buckets there along with Motorcraft filter FL1995. I just went there last night to pick up a shotgun cleaning brush to clean out the injector holes

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
My dad had the liberator at on my truck when I bought it and they lasted decent for a cheap tire ~35,000 miles. those things sucked for traction though anytime I hit any mud I better have some wheel speed going cause they wouldnt clean the treads for nothing

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Oil by the barrel is cheaper the Wally or any store. Once you have the barrel, bulk delivery is the way to go. Less then $8 per gallon. I go to wally world about once a year, but not for batteries, oil, or tires. I like to buy my Diamond Fire Starters there though. We have a super wally, and it just loaded with crap!

Who are you buying through? I priced a 55 gallon drum at Napa and it was $550 ballpark, if it was $425 it would be a shoe in.

DragRag

Reaction score
I got it through Maxxum petroleum, one of my fuel suppliers. He said like $10 a gallon and I laughed. I told him i could get it in a jug and it would be easier to handle at that level. He said what would I pay, and I told him $8 tops, I paid $7.92 the fill up before that. I agreed and filled it for the $8 a gallon this go around. No reason to pay more then that if you can get it that cheap right?

E

DragRag

Reaction score
I got it through Maxxum petroleum, one of my fuel suppliers. He said like $10 a gallon and I laughed. I told him i could get it in a jug and it would be easier to handle at that level. He said what would I pay, and I told him $8 tops, I paid $7.92 the fill up before that. I agreed and filled it for the $8 a gallon this go around. No reason to pay more then that if you can get it that cheap right?

E

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
392 for 5W20 syn blend for 55 gal.

but since i own the only diesel, it doesn';t make sense for me to keep a barrel of diesel oil in the shop...

I'm gonna keep my eye out for the specials again. I normally dont run to walmart but when it goes on sale i'm gonna stock up.