pyro not working

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here in the last few weeks my pyro goes up and down very fast and sometimes wont even register a temperature. Do yall think this is the sender going bad? I tried the factory banks gauge as well as an isspro and they both do the same thing so that makes me think its the sender. connections are tight. Also, if it is the sender, are they universal for the most part?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My ISSPRO's are real sensative at the amplifier boxes, I have to make sure they are secured tight, or my gauges jump up and down a lot. Look for loose connection?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey check with your local Caterpillar dealer, they were able to source the sender only(no wires or gauges) for me for only 43 bucks or so. Yes they are more or less universal you just have to keep like parts with like. Almost all of us and almost all gas/diesel pyros use Type K thermocouples and a 0-1600 or 0-1800 range or similar. The only other thing to be concerned with is to make sure you use the correct hole size for the probe, it's either 1/4 or 1/8 inch and the correct terminal type to what you already have. Pyro wires are very sensitive and don't like a lot of cutting and splicing so you must keep that to an absolute minimum.