pvc a bad choice for WMO?

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like the title says ....is PVC a bad choice for WMO ? the reason i ask is im looking to use a 3 stage filtering setup for my WMO and im wanting to use pvc ball valves on each side of the inlet and outlet of the three inline filters. ive read that some ppl dont like it because they are prone to leaking and others havent had a problem.

once i get this figured out all i have to do is find a good pump and a hose to fit my manual nozzle and i should be good to go.

thanks for the help

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you dont use a pump that will over pressure them it should be ok. I have a plastic filter housing and have not had a problem with it in over a year of use. It only sees 10-15psi of air pressure, but its rated for much more.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
any ideas on what kind of pump i should use then ?

i was thinking about one from Northern Industrial Cast Iron Clear Water Pump — 720 GPH, 1/2 HP, 1in.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...omer driven-_-Recently Viewed-_-Category Page

i have the harbor freight version and if it is anything close you will be sitting there all day for it. i use shop pressure and it works great, it never burns out if there is a clog and keeps a nice constant pressure going. i can filter 5 gallons in a couple of minutes this way.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay thanks guys. im not real sure what kind of pump im gonna use then i guess it will be kinda trial and error

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use air pressure too, works real good even in winter (just takes longer)
I used brass garden hose valves because the had the right thread for what I needed to do.