Purchase input request

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1987 f-250 6.9. 160k miles. Comes with full banks sidewinder turbo setup (not installed maybe). Boost gauge. New Alt. New master cylinder. Brand new tires. all new brakes. new calipers. new starter. New glow plug relay. All new fluids and filters. Jasper transmission. Newer batteries. Has extra set of Michelin x rated tires at 65% tread.

I assume it to be C-6.

We have three idi's in the family now. My personal truck is a 1995 powerstroke but I like the idea of an idi for it's simplicity.

What am I missing on this blue truck? I was raining when I looked at it and it has had some paint work but all in all seems to be in decent shape.
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What do you mean the turbo is not installed maybe??? Also you have not posted a price either. 1987 or 88 was the last year for the 6.9 and it has the better glow plugs and relay. They had the bullet style plugs and the solid state controller ... If its an auto trans it will be the C6. The 89 rigs had the first E4OD auto trans.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5k asked.

I have not got a call back from the seller yet. The way the window sticker was worded makes me wonder if the turbo is included (in a box) or if it has a turbo installed.

I was late for another appointment, it was wet, and I did not get underneath of it but what I saw looked pretty good.

Is this thing almost too straight?

It has that big stack which I could live without.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's been repainted.
that's an OBS color on a bricky.

That's cool. I have a set of Alcoas that would look good on it. Yes, I would rather it be the original paint, but that is not the case.

I read a number of your posts that gave me hope (even with a C-6) even though I would really prefer a five speed. I just got a text from the seller and I hope to learn more soon.

Attachments

• right front quarter.jpg
    right front quarter.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 60

gandalf

Reaction score
it's been repainted.
that's an OBS color on a bricky.

When Towcat said that it's been repainted, that was a polite way of asking, "Why has it been repainted?" :rolleyes:

Was it repainted because the original paint was bad? Was it repainted because it had been in an accident and had extensive bodywork done?

In one picture it appears that the hood and the fender, driver's side, don't quite line up. It looks as though the hood was tweaked a bit. These two items would make me want to take a very close look for any damage which might be hidden by nice looking bodywork.:eek:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly bondo over right rear tail light...

I"d be looking very very close at all the mechanical...sounds like lots invested and then sell...WHY???

Somethings not making complete sense to me.

Looks nice...but looks can be decieving.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its a salt belt truck. Its going to have rust no matter what. Enlarging the rear tail lite pic shows bondo under the lip just above the lense and the tail gate has some too plus its missing the molding on the gate. Just painted over and the fasteners didn't even get removed. Not saying this is a reason to pass it up but its clear the rig looks nice. New paint does 2 things. It covers up something someone wants covered up and it makes it look good. Detective work makes good information to decided if its worth buying or not.. Rust on any rig be it truck or car is a deal breaker out here on the we Seeing your in Maryland you will know to check the cab lower corners and the tops of the fenders and the rear fender areas.st coast but others that live in the salt belts will be able to take this without issues. Its a geographically sensitive area truck.