psd turbo setup

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Which year would be best? I don't have the turbo yet, i figured id get you guy opinions before i got the wrong one

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rig up a center mount like NMB2, some of us 6.5ers are using a center mount with Dmax turbo. A VVT controler and Variable vane turbo would be BEST but in GM world an LB7 turbo (mech wate gate) is pretty good. Like comparing a center mount 6.0(VVT) to a 7.3(mech WG)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have to fab up all the plumbing going into and out of the turbo. Meaning....... the up pipes and mount, the down pipe, the oil supply and return. It can be done, but the fab work will take some time for sure.

Heath

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya well you can use the psd turbo on the idi mounts with some mods. so the idi pipes etc will sorta fit the psd turbo

FordGuy100

Reaction score
They are reverse rotation. That's why there aren't a lot of upgrades for them besides switching mounts and going with a different turbo. I would see if you could make the pedestal work on one of these engine and the make up pipes for it. They certainly flow enough.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Im going to be putting this project on the back burner for a bit until I get a few other projects finished up and get my car ready to rock and roll

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '98 ps turbo and pedestal with the up pipes and the "Y" pipe both tor the exhaust and the intake side ... I would take 450 for the whole thing ... the only thing that I dont have is the exhaust manifolds that the up pipes attatch to ... I saw some on CL a while back for about 100 bucks ...