Project Saburai

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory turbo caps had the three way plugs but I use the na style plugs and route them the way I have pictured. The turbo caps are nice but they are tough to come by, and if a customer is stuck in bfe and needs to replace a cap, I’d rather it be one that’s readily available.

Figures they'd be hard to find... Oh well I'll just keep cussing mine when I've got to do them again.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a second to update. Still playing some serious catch up now that I'm finally home. But I wanted to say a big thanks to Wes and his Mom and Dad. Although things didn't go exactly textbook ( what ever does?), Wes is a incredibly hard working young man with mechanical aptitude beyond his years:cheers:

The shop truck is a fun ride:peelout:Thumbs Up

More after I get caught up on sleep and work around here...

You must be registered for see images attach

Nearly there:peelout

Last edited:

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update for those interested in the peel and seal. After about 35 hours of hard charging highway miles it looks just like when I put it on. Time will tell and I will update as needed. The truck has been parked since I arrived home, I haven't even had a chance to look at it...

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that you (and your truck) made it home safely. That is one adventure you won't soon forget! I am still wondering though - did you make it to the airport in time to pick up the Mrs?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Well that' some motivation, I thought I was on cracking for wanting to buy a truck and rebuild an engine in the hothe summer sun then change the driveline all around...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fuel system all finished up, baby moose is out of warranty so I pulled Mel’s tamper proof bolts out and turned the fuel up.

How did your fuel door end up with tamper proof bolts? We don't install them. We just re-use the bolts the pump came in with, which is typically a 1/4" hex head. Weird.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did your fuel door end up with tamper proof bolts? We don't install them. We just re-use the bolts the pump came in with, which is typically a 1/4" hex head. Weird.
Glad you saw that, maybe Rich can take some pictures, they were ground off on one side so a socket wouldn’t grab. Looked really intentional so I assumed it was for warranty issues, I had to use some pliers to remove them.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the history of your pump is. We didn't do that to them.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the history of your pump is. We didn't do that to them.
Odd for sure, possibly a previous rebuild of that pump got that special treatment. Wasn’t much of a ****** on the bench but I wouldn’t want to adjust it much on the truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online