Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just wish she was all red. Then I'd be ecstatic. I got my tailgate shell today too. Hopefully I'll get it painted and loaded up.

One other random issue. I replaced all the link wires with fuses. I keep blowing the brake/hazard one. Not sure if there is a problem or if I just haven't put a heavy enough fuse in. Been trying to sneak up on it. Think I put a 25 in it last time. Now I don't remember.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid fuel leak.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like the sender oring.

Bed has to come off. [emoji849]

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well went for a 30 mile drive tonight. Went really well... until the last couple miles.

Everything was good then... hey that feels funny. What's that smell???

Damn. No power steering. [emoji849]

Yep. That's transmission fluid from the powersteering system.

Huh.

Yep. That should be connected to the bottom of the reservoir.

On the bright side, the accumulator on the hydroboost is fine. I got two full stops before it went dead. That's good to know.

So I need to figure out something for that line. It was stretched tight. Engine probably rocked a little and pulled it out.

Have to clean up the mess.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the little one up from underneath. I hate that little hose.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Sure is. It's just a little short. I think I'm going to take a quick trip to town and see if anyone has a small trans cooler I can replace that thing with. It's brand new ford from uhaul.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, not that you need more stuff to mount up front (or need more to do before the rally!) but I cut those factory PS cooler lines and ran hoses to a PS cooler behind the grille. I figured with the extra heat with the HB, it couldn't hurt. I just cut the metal lines and used compression type fittings. They have been leak free for several years now.
And that is "thread sealer" on those fittings-NOT teflon tape!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may do that before it's over. First thing I have to do is get it back on the road so I can go pick up the camper.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may do that before it's over. First thing I have to do is get it back on the road so I can go pick up the camper.

Yeah, you have plenty to keep you busy without adding this to the list right now. With the IC up front, space is limited too. At least you don't have to have a big trans cooler up there too!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to use the loop in the rad for the ps but read that people that tried that had issues.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mid day update.

I fixed my PS leak by eliminating crimped on hose. It was just too short. When the engine would rock it would tug on it. Eventually pulling it off. I cut it off and stuck a 3/8 swagelok union in there. Then made myself a nice hose barb.

Seems like it bled out. I also adjusted up the slack in the steering box. It ought to drive like a new one. Seems a lot better. I'll drive it a bit and see if I need a little more. On to AC. I'd have been out cruising but it's entirely too hot so I swapped out the compressor (drained the nasty looking oil out of it first and refilled with PAG 46. 3.5 oz in the compressor. 3.5 distributed to the dryer and the condenser. The suction hose was a real problem. Well both hoses to the compressor were a problem. The bracket that supports the tubes won't clear the intake tube. So here is my solution.

The pressure line I routed below. The suction line was another matter. It's all contorted. I really need to have a line made but that may have to wait until winter supposing it lasts that long.

She is currently sitting on the vacuum pump waiting to be charged.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Looking great as usual!

Do you have a part number for the low pressure line that you had to re route. I am thinking A.C. will be nice in my truck to for the rally lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
your ac lines look great Mike.
Double and triple check for interference issues on your ac lines that you had to reroute. I had one rub through that I didn't realize was rubbing until it was too late. Makes sense if you think about it, not many hoses go from the motor to the floating body like these do, so they will suffer the most vibrations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86