Project Big Red

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this goes on the interior side or under the floor? I made 1.5"x1.5" squares out of of some 12 gauge sheet and we3lded them inside and outside to sandwich the sheetmetal inbetween them. What i didnt think about is when i weld the nut to the bottom it will probably distort it to the point where it will be way out of round.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now you are gonna make me walk out of the office in the rain to see if my crew cab is the same way. For some reason I thought the retracters on mine were already attached at the floor

Edit: Just talked out to the truck, crew cabs retracter mounts to the floor ;Really So I guess that saves me two plates

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. How does that work? Where is the other attachment point? Won't the shoulder belt geometry require the retractor to be mounted up higher about seat height like the front seat? If so you need that mount point if you don't have it.:dunno

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where my retractor is located now
You must be registered for see images attach

this is where a shoulder harness retractor could go like on a single cab truck

This is where the highest mount point would be that I said there is a hole for but no threads or anything, and where i would use the plate you posted

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Okay. The belt set I bought is not like that at all. It's just like the front set. Must be a super cab difference. The belts I bought were for an OBS super cab. Belt goes from retractor at about seat height to the shoulder and to the floor directly under the shoulder mount.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where my retractor is located now

this is where a shoulder harness retractor could go like on a single cab truck

This is where the highest mount point would be that I said there is a hole for but no threads or anything, and where i would use the plate you posted

This is exactly how my crew cab is set up. I just got through installing new carpet in my truck, so I got real familiar with the seat belts. My truck has the shoulder belts factory installed also. I see no difference between my front shoulder belts and my rear shoulder belts either. I bet you could find a set of blue belts from any regular cab truck and they should work in the rear of your truck with the mounting plate laserjock has linked to.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OHHHH I SEE IT NOW. You actually do need a second floor mount. The second picture is the key. The belt doesn't terminate at the shoulder, it will run through the thing there and down to the floor through that removable panel, or what looks like a removable panel. So you will need a second floor mount.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm my 91 cab has the retractors mounted at the same point as the front belts. strange. crewcab as well

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 91 is up at the height of the front. Maybe its a model year thing then. :dunno

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my thinking is that extended cabs come with the belt retractor mid way up. And crews have the floor mount with provisions to do shoulder mount

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small victories.

Welded this in for pass seat mint that was messed up.

Welded these in for the console.

Got the crane sorted.

It hangs right now with a load on it.

Dropped straps down and hooked it in the holes where the wires come through the door post. It lifts pretty good from there but it's not perfectly balanced.

Got it up on dollies.

Continued.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It moves real easy now. :D

I welded in the rear seat mount.

It turned out pretty good. My welding is getting better. :D

I also burned in a pair of supports for the floor pans.

I've got one more hole to weld up that I found after moving it around, then it's wire wheel and rust treatment with POR metal prep and paint with POR 15. Hopefully tomorrow.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking Awesome!! Aint it a shame to do all that work to an area no one will ever see?

Is that the Harbor freight gantry crane? How you like it? I've been eyeballing those.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It sure does. Well, as usual, one step forward, two steps back. I was doing what I really thought was final prep for paint when this happened.

Crap!!! That's the other rear seat mount. It didn't look bad at all from outside so I just assumed there was some surface rust around on the inside. Nope. It rusted from the inside out. I think that side window had been re-glued so I'm guessing, it probably leaked. Well, I figured if there was a surprise there, might as well keep going and found a couple more.

In front of the rear cab mounts. Both sides. There is a rubber plug and it's rotted around both of them.

From the inside.

Needless to say, I'll be loosing those rubber plugs which serve no purpose near as I can tell.

Well, I probed around the seat mount and decide to just cut it all out. At least it was just the flat portion bad on this side.

Well, that's where I got to before running out of gas and heat so I hung it up for the night. The weather is supposed to take a nasty turn here this week so I was really pushing to try to get it done so I could spray the POR. Looks like I'll be running the heater and brushing it at this rate unless I can catch a decent day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online