powerstrokehelp.com

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
anybody ever watch this guys videos on you tube? He seems ok alot of his stuff is just common sense stuff but thats hard to find sometimes :dunno Any how he was commenting on that it wasn't the power so much as the RPMs that was ******* the rods and that the powder metal rods were fine in normal street driving duty even above 400 hp and that all the 6.0s have the powder rods and that usually the piston is the week point :dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
he has some valid points but the 6.0 rod is totaly different than a 7.3 rod. yes they are PMRs but are different. hard to explain without pics.. Take everthing he says w a grain of salt

megafysh

Reaction score
increasing oil level in crankcase

Have just replaced 5 of 8 injectors. If they have leaking o-rings,will this add to the oil? will it cause severe damage if not fixed? Any helpfull suggestions?

daz

Reaction score
I love this guys videos, yes, a lot of common sense stuff there, but I've definitely learned a ton of things about my truck and how to take care of it.

daz

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand that one either, I thought that new oil cycles through the engine pretty fast, but according to him it flows real slow to the HPOP.

spyder1100

Reaction score
I thought he was implying that since the oil inters the res. the deposits in the oil will settle there. That would make sense to me. Sort of like a sediment pond for an irrigation system. What I saw, he was pumping the oil out of the res, not the pump itself.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I thought he was implying that since the oil inters the res. the deposits in the oil will settle there. That would make sense to me. Sort of like a sediment pond for an irrigation system. What I saw, he was pumping the oil out of the res, not the pump itself.

That would be fine but he states that you have to change 3 quarts one in each head and one in the res. But I was under the impression that when the oil fires the injector it is dumped back into the oil pan so after you sucked the first quart out the next 2 would actually be new clean oil from the pan not the dirty oil from the heads:dunno I think maybe on that one he had to come up with a gimmick to promote that oil stabilizer

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
He also said that the turbo idi is an utter piece of junk. cookoo
Some of his stuff seems pretty straight, but some things are a little off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online