Power windows

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the underdash wiring harness with a used one as well as my underdash power distribution box. Everything works great except I have now power windows or power locks. I'm guessing whatever truck my used replacement harness came from didn't have power windows and locks. Does anyone have a wiring schematic of the power windows and power locks? All the factory stuff is there as my truck came with power windows and locks. I must be missing a relay or some fuses or something.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to know what year and model truck youre playing with.

When dealing with fords wiring harnesses,generaly you need a harness from a donor with all the same options that yours has.a non power window/lock harness wont work in your truck as it wont have the wiring fir the windows and locks.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 1999 ford xlt. Not sure what year the doner truck harness is. I just replaced the under dash harness and fuse box. All my power window wiring in the cab is still there. I didn't see any plugs left undone.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya better find out what year the donor stuff came from and whether it had the power locks and windows.

Is it a 99 or a 99.5, lot of changes where made from 99 to 99.5.

Last edited:

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's obvious at this point that it didn't. My fuse box had additions for 3 extra plugs where this one only has one. So from here how can I tie in and wire up my windows? Set up its own fuze box and relay? Not 100% sure how to go about this?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are good enough you could swap the fuseboxes.other than that most likely need to find the correct harness.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fuse box is toast. The thing is I think I can just wire them up stand alone and keep my new harness and box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel