power steering lines

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took the lines off the power steering about 6 months ago when i first started my swap and now i completely forgot which was high pressure and which was low pressure:dunno... is the line that is really long and goes down in front of the axle the high pressure (3/8") or is the short line the high pressure (5/16")... thanks in advance

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the line that runs down in front of the axle is the cooling line and it connects to the bottom of the ps pump i think it is also called high pressure but i am not sure. the shorter line runs into the side of the pump to refill it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The fitting most forward of the gearbox and closest to the motor is the inlet (supply) from the power steering pump.;Sweet

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just remember, the line that has a hose clamp is low pressure, the line that has the compression type of fitting is the high pressure. also i dont believe that you can mix them up. i believe that the gear box has different size fitting on it

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice got my steering back it seems alot easier to turn now than i remember