power boost

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
uploading it on youtube is above me my friend! hah i will keep trying to figure it out though

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Hmmm.
Have you changed the injectors? When and where did they come from?
Try loosening one injector line at a time to see if you can get it to stop, also make note of the change in idle at each injector.
Loosen it enough to squirting fuel, listen, then tighten and move to the next.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
i put new injectors in about a month ago and they have been running smoothley until now! i will try cracking them tomorw i guess and see what happens!

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
hey guys i am back. and after cracking all 8 injector line one at a time i am still clueless. i just figure i have to wait to hear from the place that built the pump. does anyone have any other suggestions?

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
upate:

so i replaced o rings took bed off and inspected all lines and all ines look good.
contacted conestoga deisel and they dont think its pump realted. so does ANYONE have an idea?
ANY ideas will be apreciated. i am just as clueless. thanks all in advance

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
when cracking injectors, could you get the smoke to stop puffing?
maybe let it cracked longer and look at the pipe.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
when cracking injectors, could you get the smoke to stop puffing?
maybe let it cracked longer and look at the pipe.

i let each one cracked for about 30 secs and noticewd no differance. but i will try longer tomorow. any guess is as good as mine at this point

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a thought...my truck was doing a similar thing once. Kind of puffing smoke and chugging down the road under load.

Turns out, if had a bad batch of fuel. Ran it nearly out, refilled and treated with some stanadyne performance formula and it smoothed right out.

Have you run it enough to have to buy more fuel?

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Just a thought...my truck was doing a similar thing once. Kind of puffing smoke and chugging down the road under load.

Turns out, if had a bad batch of fuel. Ran it nearly out, refilled and treated with some stanadyne performance formula and it smoothed right out.

Have you run it enough to have to buy more fuel?

yes ran it down too a quarter twice and then filled it up and uses diesel kleen. still no luck. this honestly has got me stumped:confused:

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the intake and cdr for oil, from what I've read in your posts and seeing your video, I think your momentary (power boost ) is from oil being burned, since engine oil contains more energy than diesel.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Have you checked the intake and cdr for oil, from what I've read in your posts and seeing your video, I think your momentary (power boost ) is from oil being burned, since engine oil contains more energy than diesel.

actualy theat was my fist thought. so i pulled the cdr and cleaned it in gas for 1 hour(ooooh thats bad) i remmeber lmao. but owell i then blew in the little hole and the diaphram seemed to be working ok. so i threw it back on and still no cigar.

however after i let it runn and shut it off when ipull the cleaner lid i notices white vapors comin out is that normal?

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
update!!!!!
so messing around today i acicently got fuel everywhere and in the cup where the glow plugs ar at i noticed lots of air buggles comming from my 3 and 5 cylionders. the numbers 1,2,7,8 did not fill with fuel soi couldent tell idf those are **** the same thing. but as the truck warms up and the head expands could that becreating the gap in mg gp's allowing air intrusion through them? anyone have ay experiance wiuth this problem?

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The white vapors are (In my experience)signs of a worn Cdr and you shouldn't clean the cdr with gas, members have had said that a cdr could be perfectly fine just clogged up and cleaning with gas eats away at the diaphragm. You may need to buy one online or from a international dealer.

I think your next step would be to pull the valve covers and start the truck and look for anything happening at the same time as your intermittent blue smoke puff.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't clean the CDR with gas, but it seems to be working correctly, that white smoke is normal, that's what the CDR is for, to relieve the crankcase pressure.

As far as the GP's leaking air, I would just pull them out, but first try to tighten them, if they tighten, put some water around them and see if you get the bubbles, no bubbles, problem solved. Still got bubbles, clear the water, then pull them out, they have a taper on them to seal, maybe just dirt on them or the seat. Depending how much compression is getting past them, that might be part of your problem with the chugging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online