Potential new tow rig / help needed!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi gang! We are looking to retire Diego for a cleaner 4x4 truck to serve as our tow rig. Diego is great, but unfortunately, he's 2WD and we often go places that require four-wheel drive, also cosmetically he's rough, so we've elected to find a new truck rather than doing a 4 x 4 conversion, bodywork and paint. I'm pretty sure I found the truck for us! Unfortunately, it's in Grass Valley California and currently I'm in the Catskills of New York. To further complicate things we reside in Florida, which is where we need to register the vehicle... so I'm looking for help in two areas firstly, I need someone hopefully, close to Grass Valley who is a competent mechanic familiar with our old trucks to do an inspection for me. Secondly, anyone that has any leads about vehicle transportation from the West Coast to the East Coast, well I could sure use the help! I don't know if it would be an option to have somebody drive the vehicle... I think registration might be a problem or does anyone know about transport plates? I've had open truck transport of motorcycles and sports cars from the Midwest to Florida and it worked out to be cheaper than driving them from a time and money standpoint. I'm thinking that it might be the same with a 7000 pound 4 X4 F250! Thanks for the help Gents...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Florida, but NY does temporary transport plates.

I need to buy a trailer so I can go pick up trucks for y'all lol

If you happen to pass through the area, I'm about halfway between Rochester and Syracuse just fyi.

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like UShip.
They bid on ur item's shipping, u accept whichever 1 U want. I wait a good long time rejecting untill in my price range. One I'd emailed back'n forth with finally said "How much do U wanna pay?" We did it for my quote.
I used that figure'n got nother motor shipped fr another 500 mi away. This is all LTTL so U'd hafta check on a vehicle itself. Just guys like us w/a regular run lookin to fill that empty space or a whole run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online