Post Pics Of Your IDI

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Man anything slows down when its loaded to the hilt pulling a grade. I haven't ridden in a single Mack, Peterbuilt or Kenworth dump truck that doesn't slow down pulling a grade with a full load of dirt, rock or what have ya in the back. I see yours is a NA motor too, that there is where they made their mistake. IH was always afraid of turbocharging these motors. But when you get down to it they should have. These motors would have probably stayed around allot longer had they done so. IH didn't even like it when Ford put turbos on them for a half year run. You should seriously consider putting a turbo on that. :)

international was all about durability, they'd rather make 200HP for 500K miles, than 400Hp for 250K miles. the scouts had 100K warrentys in the 70's....LOL took everyone else 30 years to even come close. :rotflmao

and IDI's were in alot of IH's, the old school busses coulda had the 6.9, any of their medium trucks too.

-Jon

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
My truck....1993 IDI NA, E4OD, 4x4, fully loaded and pushing 400 000 kms....needs paint (doing it myself by buying a box of rattle cans), and both front fenders are shot. I have one brand new fender on the back seat, waiting on the second to get shipped. It has a single 2.5" stack, I just welded up my own "custom" "Y" pipe to make dual home made stacks....soon to be dual 4"ers.

Attachments

• F250 1.jpg
    F250 1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
  • F250 003.jpg
    F250 003.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 4
  • F250 021.jpg
    F250 021.jpg
    984.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Plowing 1.JPG
    Plowing 1.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 9
  • stuff 005.jpg
    stuff 005.jpg
    968.5 KB · Views: 4
  • stuff 004.jpg
    stuff 004.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Man anything slows down when its loaded to the hilt pulling a grade. I haven't ridden in a single Mack, Peterbuilt or Kenworth dump truck that doesn't slow down pulling a grade with a full load of dirt, rock or what have ya in the back. I see yours is a NA motor too, that there is where they made their mistake. IH was always afraid of turbocharging these motors. But when you get down to it they should have. These motors would have probably stayed around allot longer had they done so. IH didn't even like it when Ford put turbos on them for a half year run. You should seriously consider putting a turbo on that. :)

I've driven MANY trucks that were loaded to their maximum gross weight ratings that would go like hell up hills.....mind you, those were 550 3406E Cats, and 600 ISX cummins....The IDI isn't going to break any land speed records while towing anything, but unlike the 6.6 duramax's that blew head gaskets.....the idi will be still around to tow a float in the parade for the 2050 olympics !

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Nice truck.

But...

;Really
You're kidding right? :rolleyes: :rotflmao

Man you've got something seriously wrong with that thing if it isn't pulling any load that thing can fit in its box. I don't hang my hat on my trucks all being nice, allot of them are worn out and ready to be rebuilt, but I've still worked em hard. My low mile '83 F250 hauled 24,000lb+ loads of hay almost every day for years before I bought it from the previous owner!

Heck, last year we hauled TWO old Camaro's on our 40ft flatbed hooked behind my moms 94 CC. Which had an engine running on 7 cylinders, overheating most of the way, plagued with low oil pressure readings, loaded with 4 grown adults, our luggage, 1,200lbs in tools, 150 gallons of extra fuel, hauling the 40 footer with two 3600lb cars, all the while dragging a trailer with 2 trailer brakes dragging all the way. Pulled through like a champ IMO. The 0 oil pressure readings and over heating bothered us a bit but she kept a cruising like a freight train all the way home after we'd figured the oil gauge wasnt reading correctly.
So don't tell me an IDI isn't up to the task of heavy hauling. :thumbsup:

He's not kidding. Those trucks are slower than death. My boss found a better solution. Replace the IDI with a Cat.:D

pmelah

Reaction score
OK i will be starting on my restore its not as bad as Heaths and probably wont take as long as Heaths (depending on money) but then again maybe it will i need to take my pics first and then ask yall a bunch of questions on what to do and how to fix certain thing its a 94 F250 extended cab long wheel base E4OD IDI turbo all factory so i got my work cut out I want to take it to one of those IDI rallies one day when its done to show everybody all there hard work (telling me what and how)lol

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Probably won't spend the money on this truck, but a turbo would be nice for it. If this motor ever craps out on me, the truck might get a DT466. Or I might just say the heck with it and get something a little bigger. However this truck is in amazine shape for having 292k on it and the motor does run very nicely.

the DT 466 is nothing impressive in stock form either and thats already turbo'd

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my 2 IDI's. The Black Knight pulled the White Knight on that GN from Greenville SC 700 miles with 2 bad injectors, black smoking all the way thru NC, Virginia, West Virgina and Ohio. Truckers said "Man look at that thing smoke" no tickets no license plate on the trailer. Black Knight is stock, no turbo, had just put a Re-man Promar long block in it, had original injectors and IP with over 300,000 miles on them, block had just 1500 miles on it.

Total pulled load was 12,300.

You must be registered for see images

LPRS

Reaction score
here's mine when i bought it about a month ago. new pics next week with 4" lift, dana 60 swap, and a new bed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only is it a Good Looking IDI...

But Pic Posting is a pet peeve of mine.. ****** me off royal when I can't.... soooo...........

Here's Hyde's truck!!!!!!!!

Got to help the fellow Idaho dismal burnin' brethren out...!

Last edited:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The was more.. but I figured I would stop.....

Diesel Brad, where did you get the grill material on the 80-86 you posted a pic of in the first post?

Edit never mind enlarged pic, and saw that it was a tube grille, thought it was mesh at first.. would like a mesh grill for the Achesenturion...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726