Post photographs of your First Gen Lighting air box please

Reaction score
I am looking at a Ram Air hood I like for our 96 F250. I contacted the manufacturer and they say it only works with a Lighting air box. Can someone here post some photographs of what your First Gen air box looks like?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have a pic of one but i can tell you about it. the lightning airboxes have only one big outlet as where the other airboxes have 2 smaller outlets, unless it was factory mass air, which the mass air meter bolts to the airbox.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Dont bother w the ram air. complete waste of time under 40mph and with a powerstroke the TURBO is ramming the air, not the little holes in the hood

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Dont bother w the ram air. complete waste of time under 40mph and with a powerstroke the TURBO is ramming the air, not the little holes in the hood

But it could be used as a cold air intake, depending on where he's sucking air from currently, never played with a completely stock 1st gen stroke.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
But it could be used as a cold air intake, depending on where he's sucking air from currently, never played with a completely stock 1st gen stroke.

Studdies have shown that cold air intakes make less HP than engine air intakes, due to the fact that you will be restricting airflow w the cold air intake.

You are far better off running a open air element pulling warm engine air than a CAI pulling very little cold air