Please Help Me Put IDI In Place Of A 'Stroke

ne_plus_ultra_1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro, it's worth a lot.

I'm in a critical debate period for the next 36 hours or so.

I'm gonna work on fiber-glassing my boat and new casting deck until I can make a decision.

Ooh that Cummins is ever so reliable and she's just there for me, growls, screams, begs for more.

I sure would like to see what my tall fat white girl can do too. The main question is in what incarnation should I find out? Put the 20 miles of wire back in???

ne_plus_ultra_1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm Stuck on the Dash Assembly

I am having trouble keeping the wiring harnesses out of the way or lining something up when trying to reinstall my dash assembly.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it in place?

I can't get it lined up on the pins on top of the steering column aluminum bracket...

Took a long break from this as it took quite a while for me to receive the wiring harness (and I had out of state trips) but it's pretty close to done now.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Are you talking about installing the steering column? Or is it the entire dash? If it is the dash, you need to install the wiring to the dash and then install it. You will save time this way.

SWS

ne_plus_ultra_1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

I am mostly pasting this from another post which has a related discussion:

Actually I just got my dash assembly back in a few minutes ago. I had trouble making it go into place and had to drop the steering column back down again, disconnect the main harness from it and unplug the through-firewall connections, attach the entire harness to the back of the assembly and then I finally got it to fall into place.

I may actually be able to turn the key later today!

I am going to wire a push button for the glow plugs as I hate the automatic control and it and the relay are both bad anyway. So new relay and some wiring and button, connect a few more things underhood, finish up the dash components and maybe, just maybe...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online