Plastic piece behind the grill that headlights mount to. Cowl maybe. Where to order?

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
That's not very fast. If you mean MPG instead of MPH, that's pretty cool!;Poke
Oh hummm, I guess I can't see the best.......Yes I meant MPG.

Like I say, I don't see the best anymore. When I send a text I have to hunt my "Readers" up to proof read cause Siri still can't understand me, & !/2 the time I can't find them & I send a nasty, vulgar text sometimes when I really trying to say nice things!! LOL

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 80’s in the 1st gen Ranger (glass headlight ones) Ford put a diesel for a couple years. I think they used a Perkins early and a Mitsibushi in the later ones.. One of the guy’s in Canada has one of the later ones ( can’t think of his username at the moment, he has a thread of my other Ford IDI or something like that)… and I think @Jake_IN has, or had one also.

They also put a diesel in the E scort, and in a Lincoln Mark IV for a couple years. The Lincoln used a BMW diesel and it was a “real piece” from what I heard.

On the GM side of the house, you could get a diesel Luv, Chevette (which every flavor from the divisions).

Then don’t forget the 4.6 and 5.7 liter diesels in the bigger cars…..

Unfortunately that's going to be "had" for me now. Got rid of back March of this year.

Same guy i bought that ranger from also owned the following (at the time that i bought the ranger from him. they've all since gone on to new lives).

5 diesel Lincoln Mark VII's (Accumulated them as he robbed parts to keep one running)
1 diesel Oldsmobile tornado
1 Datsun diesel pickup
1 Yugo (really wish i had bought it)
1 diesel chevy Luv

He liked his diesels...

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to derail this thread but i managed to dig up some pictures from 2007 (when i picked up the ranger). Pictures aren't great but oh well still fun to look at again.

Below is a picture of two of the Lincolns, and the engine compartment of the datsun.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd totally rock a diesel mark vii! Straight pipe it, it would sound like a tractor but be beautiful and sporty Looking.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to E-bay. There are at least 100 sellers of new ones for $100. Or less. If you were close to me I would sell a good used one for a $50.
Unreal. I order parts from eBay at least once a month for all our various on and off road machines - but once I didn’t see it on rock auto and then someone mentioned that bronco graveyard I didn’t even have it on my mind to look there. Well I’ve glued it back together with some epoxy for now so if it doesn’t hold up at least I’ll know where to order one. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online