pinstriping removal?

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
my truck has these nasty painted on pinstripes on it any ideas on how i can take them off:dunno I tried mineral spirits but it don't work at all:rolleyes:
You must be registered for see images attach

why would some put wight stripes on a dark blue truck cookoo

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
If its not paint but tape, use your wifes hair dryer get it the tape nice and warm, then a fingernail to pick at the end to get it started.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
they are vynil I believe, I'me surprised they are still all there, most of the time they start to come off on their own at about 10 years old

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its not paint but tape, use your wifes hair dryer get it the tape nice and warm, then a fingernail to pick at the end to get it started.

This is exactly how I got mine off except I used one of those industrial hair dryers. It didn't matter to me cuz I was painting the truck anyways but be careful how long you throw the heat to it. When I put the razor knife on the body to remove the pinstripe I took the whole color layer of paint off also. You probably don't want to do that!!

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
If they are indeed paint, you may be SOL. For tape stripe I use the "eraser" wheel from NAPA. Little effort, no harm to paint. YOu could try it for the paint stripe but I dunno...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online