Picked up a 95 Stroke last night

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked this beauty up last night. The guy's mechanic said it needed a CPS and the bolt was stripped. Iwas originally going to trailer it but with my trailer being out back in snow and twisting the ears of my inner and outer axleshaft last week I decided to take a chance and fix it on site. Loaded up the tools yesterday, grabbed the ordered CPS from the Ford dealer down the street and headed down the highway for the 60ish miles journey to the truck.

I was delighted to find that I could still get a 10mm socket on the bolt and was able to change it out in about 15mins! Checked my fluids and did a walk around, threw in some batteries and fired right up! 260k miles, E4OD, 2wd :( but it ran and drove great! I don't like that the radiator doesn't have a cap. Drove down the street and had to stop and add a gallon of coolant. Not really a big deal just one of those little annoying things.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure on the plans yet. The interior is trashed and it's only an XL. I'm going to put my tools in the box since I don't have a garage and I'm always working outside. I had thought about pulling the stroke and putting it in a rust free 94 F150 I just got but it does drive pretty good. Maybe do a 4x4 swap and stage 2 build. :dunno Not too sure.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No fill port on the radiator, the overflow tank has a pressure cap. Thought it was a little strange the radiator didn't have it's own pressure cap.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
That's the way the PSD's are, no filler neck on the rad. The surge tank has the cap on it with the corresponding pressure rating.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
That's a nice looking service truck for sure. Junk yards fix interiors LOL

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Actually, the radiator cap and overflow tank differences are a little nuance that Ford designed in '95. My '94 has a fill cap on the radiator, and a snap cap on the overflow tank. You can very easily swap in an IDI radiator and overflow tank if you wanted to.

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
450.00 BUCKS dammm score score ,,,what a great deal ...got mine for 300.00 bucks the ad read 1995 ford f-350 for parts ,500.00 so i called ask is it a diesel he says yes its got the 7.3 powerstroke ,leaking oil ,ok be right down offered him 250.00 we agreed on 300.00, and he just spent that at the dealer for air filter& oil & fuel filter that was 4 years ago still runs awsome ,,

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
450.00 BUCKS dammm score score ,,,what a great deal ...got mine for 300.00 bucks the ad read 1995 ford f-350 for parts ,500.00 so i called ask is it a diesel he says yes its got the 7.3 powerstroke ,leaking oil ,ok be right down offered him 250.00 we agreed on 300.00, and he just spent that at the dealer for air filter& oil & fuel filter that was 4 years ago still runs awsome ,,

WOW $300 is a score and half!

I paid $300 for my 95 Eddie Bauer which was another good deal but sadly it has gotten pretty rusty in the last couple years.

IMO any vehicle that runs and drives for $500 or less is a good deal.

I was originally looking for a stroke but then I found my 89 with the IDI so I bought that instead.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck has been kind of a headache. It left me stranded 200 miles from home. The fuel selector valve stopped working and airbound the system and at the same time the fuel pump died and filled the crankcase with fuel which ultimately killed my starter.

I was daily driving this truck for a little while. Last month I started to have issues. I came out to start my truck after just running 20mins before. It started but has NO throttle response and then died. I checked the fuel filter which was recently changed and it was full and pumping fuel. Put the cap back on and it started right up! Drove home no issues.

Next day I drive a coupe miles down the road to the bank. Came out to start the truck and same thing. This time it took an assload of cranking. I had to get jumped and then it finally started. The next day I decided to take it for a test run and it dies while driving. I couldn't get it started and towed it home. The truck smokes and cranks and acts like it wants to start but never does. I don't have a reader yet to check anything but there weren't any codes when it died. I am prety sure my ICP sensor is dead because the pigtail is all oily. The HPOP doesn't drain back, oil is full, has fuel, I see no burnt pins in the valve cover harnesses.

Oh and my fuel selector valve intermittently works. I can idle all day and it'll run fine but get a mie down the srteet and it sucks air. BUT if I have a half a tank it seems to work fine. I do have a fuel leak somewhere by the top of the FRONT tank but it is the rear tank that is giving me trouble.

I also stripped most of the interior out and started to put in 4 captains chairs.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like either your fuel system is sucking air somewhere or it has low oil pressure.you need a scanner or tuner to watch the icp,needs 500psi minimum to fire an injector.

Running out of fuel around 1/4 is the rubber thing on the fuel sending unit dried out and fell off.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can also unplug the icp sensor to sorta test it.
Next time it dies, try that.
If that doesn't work, try pouring water over the HPOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online