performance ECM

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody got one, and what kind is it? How do you like it? I have only seen 3 places that offer them, and had just about decided to go with Heaths, but now I can't find any mention of it on their new website. Anybody heard if they stopped making them or what? Where'd they go?
I put on a mechanical wastegate control set at about 10 lbs, which smoothed out the boost, but now if I wind it up it sets a code (havent checked it yet)
If I really get on it when it gets to 14 lbs it sputters like the computer is trying to shut it down. I am assuming that all that boost with the stock fuel rate is causing a lean condition. So I guess I need to do the ECM to increase the fuel to match the boost. So, any ideas?

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, I would call Bill and ask. Best way. I want his program but want him to finish the programer 1st. I don't want to swap out computers to do it. After the winter is over I will buy the reflash if the hand held unit is not out.

Billman

Reaction score
Joey

What's the difference between the computer and the hand held unit?

I have e-mailed them twice about the reflash with no responses.

They claim their program is different. How so?

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hand held unit unit a programer that swaps stock programing for Heath's program. I say go with Heaths as his is rated for the most power and I think it's the only other one offered. All others selling the reflash are selling the same program which I think to be from Van Aken rated at 30-40 hp and 60-90 tq. I forget the specs on Heaths but 80hp and 150tq maybe. One concern is the lack of intercooling when using the program. I am working on that but still not done.

Kjones

Reaction score
Are there any good programer's for a 6.5. If so, which ones and how much and where can i get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online