Perfect new glow plug harness (Cheap too!)

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Well I am just going to cut the connectors off, crimp the 4 wires together one goes to each glow plus, goino to connect a 10 gauge wire to each set of 4 and a ring terminal on the end of those to connect to glow plug controller.

I gotchya. I haven't looked closely at mine and don't have the truck here to go pop the hood on. Found both harnesses on ebay for about $36 with free shipping! Looks like I'll be putting this on the list. I second a detailed write up on the mood and install for the tech section :Thumbs Up

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually really nice to have that big plastic "T" piece to push down onto the glow plugs and to pull them off. They are spring loaded connectors at the end if you can see in the pic so they grip really tight. It takes probably 5-10lbs of force to push them down or pull them off. The passenger side i'll probably crimp 2 rings connectors to 2 of the wires and might not need to extend it depending on where i mount my glow plug controller. In the stock location you would not need to extend the wiring. The drive side i was going to run a single 10 gauge wire like the factory but i think i might run 2 10gauge wires just to be safe since i'm relocating the controller. I can also get away with just using 10 gauge crimp connectors for 2 14gauge wires.

Black dawg

Reaction score
this is way cool, and will be the next thing I do on mine.

I wonder if the other side of that connector could be found....would make it real easy to test glow plugs, just unhook connector and test individual pins.

Black dawg

Reaction score
looks like a chrysler style connector, I will watch for one that will work.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will admit i'm a little concerned about how close the #7 plug is to my factory turbo up pipe. The wiring inside is tight to the bend so i dont think the wiring will be damaged and as long as the empty "T" connector just melts rather than catches fit it will be fine.

Attachments

• 20160329_101816_resized.jpg
    20160329_101816_resized.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 136

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe put a spark plug boot insulator on that #7 plug to help protect it from the heat

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a piece of the material left from the connector i removed. I heated it up gradually with map torch it just smoked a little no flame caught. Then i directly blasted the piece with the blue flame and it still didnt catch. It seems to be made of a non flamable plastic. So i'm going to let it ride and shape itself.

Attachments

• 20160329_125641_resized.jpg
    20160329_125641_resized.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 126

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be fine if it won't ignite then. Permitting when it melts it doesn't expose any wires. I'd still go with the insulator myself, but your truck, your will.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wire is pulled forward to the 90 bend in that tee fitting, i think it'll be ok. If not, i'll buy another and let you guys know haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online