parts source Turbo's also!!

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
so I like to look around for govt surplus then I noticed an auction with a garrett turbo in it. it was a M24 a/r 50 got to looking more and there are tons of diesel parts available. If you were a 6.2l guy you would be in heven. There are lots of 25 engines in military transport cans on here

Here is the link

http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html

You'll be surprised what you find

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bought 24 H1 tires and wheels last november from there. Just got my approval to pick them up this week. Will be getting them on the 14th. They sure are one sided to deal with. Billed me before they let me know it was approved. Overall cost was $100 more than I bid due to takes and surcharges. Also initial EUC approval takes around 6 weeks.

They also sell off the Kaiser 2 1/2 ton trucks constantly.

The deals are really quite amazing. Most stuff will need repair to be usable but it's still a good place to find a bargain. I found a Mandrel Bender on there that was coming up for auction but I cannot afford to be fooling around anymore for a while.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I found me something I want on there, but the auction doesnt start for like 13 days. How does the site work?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found me something I want on there, but the auction doesnt start for like 13 days. How does the site work?

Well like any other site you just register. That's very simple but there are more questions than you would normally have to answer. There's nothing unusual about navigating the site. All auctions start out at $50. They usually go for 3-4 days. It works like any auction site in that regard. You put in a bid and then someone else bids higher and you rebid, they rebid... etc. You can put in a max bid like on ebay and it goes up incrementally.

Once you win something you will have to submit an "End Users Certificate". You cannot submit one beforehand. This process is very complicated considering how easy it is to register. You basically have to prove that you are who you say you are and that you aren't going to do anything outside their guidelines for the items you have purchased. It will take 4-6 weeks for initial EUC approval. Subsequent purchases will each require a new EUC be submitted but I understand the approval process is dramatically shortened once you are in the system.

Some things to note;

Collection of items is on their schedule, not yours. You will be given a window of time to get them. It may state that in the auction or you will find out once your items have been paid for.

Some items are being sold for scrap only. That means they must be destroyed and cannot legally be used.

Unless it's a large item, such as an engine or vehicle, etc things are sold in lots. The sizes of the lots vary. Most smaller items are in large lots that make it hard to justify purchasing. Most lots are of a variety of different items on the smaller stuff.

Read all the fine print. Most things have conditions that must be met whether it be destruction of item or pickup or any other conditions they may have in effect.

Be 100% financially prepared as you will not get a notice that they are billing you until after the fact.

That said I think it is a great resource for someone who can identify what they're looking at and is willing to go through the whole purchase process.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
it's confusing and make sure to read every little code link and small print for each auction. there can be some interesting gotchas as mentioned. Some of the storage yards have very limited access and you have to be willing to pickup at their beck and call. Other than that, there's some great stuff on there. The stuf on the larger bases is usually easier to access.

sassyrel

Reaction score
. I found a Mandrel Bender on there that was coming up for auction but I cannot afford to be fooling around anymore for a while.[/QUOTE] oh, how id love to have a mandrel bender--oh the possibilitys