Paint

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at an F250 that is 4wd. Does anyone know about how much it would cost to get repainted, just one color. Thanks for the help!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well if it's a regular cab and you're doing the work yourself, the materials are gonna run ya bout 500 clams for the materials.

If ya have it done by a shop, plan on more depending on the pre paint body prep.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for that's for sure and it is usually expensive. Like Ron said, you can save some money by making their job easier, like replacing rusty or damaged parts of the sheet metal.

I paid $4300 for my truck to be painted soild Black. They did OK in some spots and great in others.:dunno

Heath

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like said above, doing it yourself? or taking it to a shop? I did mine myself and I have around 800 in all. (Materials and paint.) Not counting hours of labor. I took everything apart. If you take it to a shop, I would guess anywhere from $3000 to $5000. All depends how good of job you want done. If there is a flaw in body work, it will never be hidden by paint but only stick out worse. Spend the time on the body work!!!!

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
You can get it done dirt cheap for probly 500 or 600 bucks, it wouldn't be anything great or you can spend as much as you want......

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'd say 3 to 5 k is about right. I had one side of my cc done, and just to spray the bed side cost me $250 extra.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll chime in as I run a run a resto paint and body shop. It is absolutely impossible to come up with an accurate figure, but i will give it a go and offer some advice on price options.

1. It all depends on the level of quality you want, and the existing condition of the truck. If it is rust free and is just in the average shape of a normal work truck, then I would say that around 3K is a fairly good estimate if using quality materials. If it needs minor rust taken care of and it's a little rougher around the edges than 5K is more along the lines of a resonable estimate.

2. If you are just looking for a 10 footer using mediocre materials (synthetic enamel or low end bc/cc such as Kirker, then I would say 1800-2500 is probably about right. This would be a finish that looks decent and hold's up well, but is definitely not a show truck.

3. Or... you could take it to a place like Maaco:confused: Now I know that people will tell you that if you do your own prep work, then you can take it to maaco and get a decent job done, but it just isn't true. Sure they can spray the paint, but any trained monkey can spray paint. A good finish is 99% prep work. Also, budget refinish places like Maaco and Earl Schieb use acrylic enamel that they buy in 55 gallon drums. This is why they can spray a car for $250.00 whereas I can't even buy low end BC/CC materials to paint a truck for under $350.00. Acrylic enamel is the same paint you can buy at your local tractor supply, it's farm implement paint (and that is the only place it should be used with today's technology). Now if you want to pay for the higher level finishes than Maaco can do a good job, but for the price you would be better off just taking it to a reputable shop and getting a good warranty and peace of mind.

If you have any questions about the process or materials just let me know. And if you are serious about getting it resprayed, I would always give a heck of a discount to a fellow oilburner!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It cost me $3300 to do mine, they also finished up the body work for me (cause I dont have the patience for it). Dupont paint, 2 coats base, 3coats clear. Needs to be wetsanded though, but I will do that and I'm not rushing to do it.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin,
That sounds about right (if not just a tad high) for your truck. It looks to be pretty straight and seems to have a great finish (from what I can tell from the pics). Definitely one of my favorite trucks on the site by far, you should be very proud.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin,
That sounds about right (if not just a tad high) for your truck. It looks to be pretty straight and seems to have a great finish (from what I can tell from the pics). Definitely one of my favorite trucks on the site by far, you should be very proud.

Yeah it was a tad high, but hey what the heck it looks good :D. Its fairly straight, they didnt fix a dent on the cowl, but that would be pretty hard to fix so I dont blame them for not attempting it. But thank you very much ;Sweet!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Ohhhh stay away from Maaco:puke:........ you'll be sorry!!! Their quality is just slightly better than Earl Shibe and his "$99.95 any car any color" . They will paint over grease and whatever else is on it........ Sorry your paint washed off, you didn't tell (pay) me to sand it:rotflmao

Paint cost also depends on your color choice. Basic factory pack GM white and black are the cheapest colors. Reds and metallics are the higher end of basic paints. I've seen some custom pearls that change colors as high as $45 - $60 an ounce........ that's $6k+ per gallon...... just for the paint in a can and you'll need 2 - 3 gallons or more depending on how deep you go into a restoration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online