P pump

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If you were going to go all out with a different pump, I would start with no intake, get pump figured out, then worry about the intake fitting around it. either use one like R&D sells, or do something like the 7.3 powerstrokes use.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tear motor down figure out how it's gonna mount then have it mounted. Build intake around it in a way it's can be changed. Then have a import guy that's a pro at tucking brake lines an make your lines. Not much to it lil time an moneyx

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even the VE Rotary pump on the cummins is relatively good with power and reliable. Is there not an 8 cylinder Bosch VE pump out there?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a pump yes.there's everything you need out there to make/build. All you need is a person to do it my dad found me a p-pump I need a new gov. Spring an rebuild it. It will cost me about 1,500 to put the p-pump on an IDI. I plan on this after I rebuild motor thinking a stroker kit when it happens. Probley cost a good amount to one with no tools or doesn't have them all to do what's needed. So most wouldn't do it from just the cost of 1500 it's half the trucks value according to most.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even the VE Rotary pump on the cummins is relatively good with power and reliable. Is there not an 8 cylinder Bosch VE pump out there?

Iirc Bosch doesn't make an eight cylinder rotary. Just a six and four cylinder.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Seems like hanging a CP3 on adapting a common rail would be easier. Just thinking out loud here. Could possibly use a dmax ECM and reprogram it with EFI Live. Injectors that fit might be impossible to find, but who knows????

Would definitely get the fuel volume up beyond anything currently offered.