owie on a cam.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since I'm on a mission collecting cams for Russ, my worker found this little gem while pulling apart a motor.
my guess is when the rod snapped, it had to go somewhere to lock up the motor.
see pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ta hell with the cam. What's in the bag on the floor? A ******* file will fix that right up, roller lifters will jump right over a little dent.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats nothin, I snapper one into 5 pieces in a 350 chevy I greneded in my old plow truck!

I've busted a couple as well, couple small block chevies, but the worst one was in a 389 Pontiac (my 66 GTO), it busted into several pieces, one piece we never found! lol it exited the engine and looked to be 3 inches or so long, was turning just under 6800 when a rod let loose...prolly still laying in the weeds at National Trails!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've busted a couple as well, couple small block chevies, but the worst one was in a 389 Pontiac (my 66 GTO), it busted into several pieces, one piece we never found! lol it exited the engine and looked to be 3 inches or so long, was turning just under 6800 when a rod let loose...prolly still laying in the weeds at National Trails!

Well jeez theres your problem, you cannot spin a stock rodded Poncho over 6k, no matter how big the cam is. I have umm lets say found this out personally, they will fail after several 6200 passes. Pistons are so heavy it jerks the rod in half.

Calvin , that one is fixable so dont scrap it, they are getting that hard to find, they will mag it and put it on the weld as needed pile.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are they hard to find? just the oem ones or what. are the aftermarket ones no good?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cores for my cam grinder are getting low, I owe them a couple , or rather some customers owe me a couple, Just trying to keep them available for torque grinding.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
cores for my cam grinder are getting low, I owe them a couple , or rather some customers owe me a couple, Just trying to keep them available for torque grinding.

I'll get ya 3 but I'm gonna need a modified one back Russ. :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i pulled mine out but it has some surface rust from laying around. would it still be usable?