Oregon/Washington get together

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
justin-
Speaking of past history, IIRC there was only one member from the STD days who managed to put on a midwest rally-sized get-together, and he only pulled it off once. Problem is, most people living on the west coast hardly have any time for their own families let alone doing a rally.... Biggest thing I've come to appreciate is that diversity is a good thing. You can only look and talk about our IDI's for so long but more importantly, there can be many new ideas found just looking and talking with the other makes. One of the most memorable get-togethers was the night we took over the parking lot at the Milpitas In-n-Out. There was a good representation of IDI's as well as PSD's along with a few Cummins powered trucks. Not all of those were Dodge chassis either. those definitely got the most attention. One thing we did come away with was a deeper appreciation of all makes and more of a reason why we liked our IDI's the most.
As far as behaviour is concerned, not a single person at any meet I've hosted or attended made an ass of themselves. -calvin (the original "Calvin" here)

Calvin:

I remember the Milipitas meet very well, there was just that ******* with the red F250 running around with the train horns.........

OH, that was me!!!!

Not sure which event you referenced when you talked about the old STD rally days, but I did manage to put together a couple of good events back in 2000 and 2001 and then a few years later I believe in 2005, all at Rollins Lake NE of Sacramento. We took over the entire campground in 2001, had factory reps from Ford and International ask to come out and do seminars and focus groups, I think we had over 100 trucks and 350 people at that event.

I chose to do the event at a campground, many folks wanted to call it a PSD event, which I wouldn't allow, because I don't own a PSD and then couldn't attend. Therefore I opened it up to all types of diesels and ended up meeting and making many close friends from all flavors of oil burning trucks, folks like the late Nowel Thomas, Scott Voorhees (BigBaDiesel), Richard Madsen (MADDOG), Chris Sutton, Bryan Kinney (PSYCHOSTROKER).
I enjoyed meeting you at Milipitas and seeing Alan and Sandy Hepburn and many more that old fart memory keeps blocking out.

These gatherings take a lot of time and hard work to produce, but are always well worth what it takes.

My point is that because those events did not exclude anyone, I feel that we all learned a lot from each other and everyone always had a good time.

just talking from previous experience

big jake

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin:

I remember the Milipitas meet very well, there was just that ******* with the red F250 running around with the train horns.........

OH, that was me!!!!

big jake
I remember that exit very well:D
especially the comments the girls sitting in the back of Denny's/DrSpeed's CC had for your horns;Sweet:rotflmao I think one of them even peed in her *******;Sweet
he's got to be the first ever to bring ladies from the office to a diesel get-together. I think much of his draw was his "haycube"(his own gaff not mime) in the bed of the truck.

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especially the comments the girls sitting in the back of Denny's/DrSpeed's CC had for your horns;Sweet:rotflmao I think one of them even peed in her *******;Sweet
he's got to be the first ever to bring ladies from the office to a diesel get-together. I think much of his draw was his "haycube"(his own gaff not mime) in the bed of the truck.

the "haycube" thing came from the first time Denny went to a sledpull, and his girl friend was sitting on a hay bale in the pit area. When asked which girl it was, he replied

"she's the one sitting over there on that "hay cube"

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have lots of "hay cubes" in New Mexico.:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

And everyone would be welcome. Maybe someday.:D

Tom

If you have never met this guy he is quite the kid,( I will be 55 in a couple of weeks)

posting on the side of not
offending any ethic groups, he is one hell of a young engineer Asian descent and was a student at one of the local universities in the SF Bay area, had probably never seen a hay bale, but due to his engineering background referred to them as "cubes" rather than bales.

gonna have to email him give him some more crap about this thread.......

as far as making it down your way, its 16 hours on Mapquest which means its 3 days in my old truck, 1138 miles in an 86 F250 with a C6 and 4.10s is quite a stretch, but thanks for the invite if you decide to go for it,

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
If you have never met this guy he is quite the kid,( I will be 55 in a couple of weeks)

posting on the side of not
offending any ethic groups, he is one hell of a young engineer Asian descent and was a student at one of the local universities in the SF Bay area, had probably never seen a hay bale, but due to his engineering background referred to them as "cubes" rather than bales.

gonna have to email him give him some more crap about this thread.......

as far as making it down your way, its 16 hours on Mapquest which means its 3 days in my old truck, 1138 miles in an 86 F250 with a C6 and 4.10s is quite a stretch, but thanks for the invite if you decide to go for it,

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Maybe by the time I get around to hosting an event, you and some of the others out west will be in a better position to attend. My wife and I are planning to attend the Eastern IDI Rally next summer (around 1500 miles each way cookoo ) so it would be the following summer we may put something together. However, I would try my best to support anything in the Rocky Mountain Region next year.

Ryan Eklund and I have discussed it some and there is actually a lot to do down in our neck of the woods. We would have no problem with filling 5-7 days of things to do.

Tom

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I apologize if I caused the cancellation. I certainly was looking forward to going...

No need to apologize, I didnt cancel it because of you. I did though because it seemed to me that there was going to be a low attendance. Going through a bunch of stress for only a truck or two to show up in my opinion isnt worth it. So its all good Dean, wasnt your fault.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker