Oregon/Washington get together

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Bump.

Okay I'm going to be gone until August 27th so heres whats going down. The get together is going to be on September 1st. Everyone planning on attending should bring a food dish. I will serve hamburgers, hotdogs, and drinks (sorry nothing alcoholic). I dont have any activities planned, I just figure we all will look at each others trucks, and B.S to each other and stuff like that. If you are planning on attending then pm me and I'll give you my address and phone #, sorry I'm a little paranoid about putting that stuff up on the internet. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can (the 27th). Just plan on it being in Silverton, near Silver Falls state park (15 miles east of the city of Silverton, just google maps it and look at what I'm talking about).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Okay, I need to know how many people are wanting to attend. I just got back today, and it looks like only 2 people I know for pretty much for a fact will come (typ4 and SKimballC). I need to know ASAP if you are coming. If your coming post it and send me a pm, and I'll give you the address and what not.

rivirrat

Reaction score
hey can us dodge guys showup I do have a 78 ford cc w/cummins in it. may be down that way around that time. if I am would like to show up.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
hey can us dodge guys showup I do have a 78 ford cc w/cummins in it. may be down that way around that time. if I am would like to show up.

Your going to hate me, and think I'm a total ****, but I'm going to say no. With only 1 post I dont really feel safe having you come. If you were more active here I would say yes, but your not, so no.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin, I understand the way you feel, and I may have even posted those same words. Let me just throw out to you that believe it or not, there are people on these boards who read every day, and Never EVER post. They know the characters here, like we know the characters on a TV show. They know us so well, they consider us their friends, even though we don't even know they exist. We had a guy show up to the 04' rally in Michigan named Swede. Nicest fellow you could imagine. Nobody knew him, but he knew everybody's truck, and everybody's name, and greeted us like he knew us his whole life. He was a wonderfull addition to the gathering. Now the mistake that Rivirrat just made, was he used the "can I come" in a plural sense, meaning "can I come, and bring all my friends and people and trucks you don't know, and possibly turn your event into a Dodge gathering." So because of that, I say stick to your guns. :shoot:

Reaction score
OMG! YOU MUST BE JOKING!?!?! :confused: cookoo :dunno

That's a GREAT way to alienate people that enjoy similar interests. ;Sweet

Anyway, it's your gig and I suppose you can treat people any way you want to.

I personally was VERY eager to get together with some of you guys, but I am not sure if I would be welcome after voicing my opinions. I held my tongue on the whole mom scratched my truck thing, as it was your personal business and I realize you are only 16. I had to say something though since this is being portrayed as kind of a club like get-together. Telling people they are unwelcome and that you actually fear them? Just because they have only posted once? I had a few people listed that I thought I could get to come along too. They have NEVER posted, on ANY msg board. They simply are not into the whole web thing. Would they be aloud to come, or should I tell them that they need to post to be involved with a get-together?

Heck, before I got medicated LOL I missed soooo many cool gatherings with my Impala club. As a matter of fact, going to one and having such a great time helped pull me out of my shell and get some pills and have allot of good times.

One of the people I met at that first meeting has become one of my best friends, and having him there for me, he has been invaluable. He never posted to a club site. He liked my car and stopped by my wife's work to ask about it. I knew him through her encounter for like 2 years before we started doing things together. All because I was afraid to meet people IRL. Another best friend of mine is Calvin 6xcrew. I also met him through my car club interest, and never would have, had I been shunned so harshly by the community. WOW, I mean we are such good friends, I think I might spend more time with him than even my wife!

I dunno, I guess the moral to my BLAH BLAH BLAH is just W T F? :dunno

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
OMG! YOU MUST BE JOKING!?!?! :confused: cookoo :dunno

That's a GREAT way to alienate people that enjoy similar interests. ;Sweet

Anyway, it's your gig and I suppose you can treat people any way you want to.

I personally was VERY eager to get together with some of you guys, but I am not sure if I would be welcome after voicing my opinions. I held my tongue on the whole mom scratched my truck thing, as it was your personal business and I realize you are only 16. I had to say something though since this is being portrayed as kind of a club like get-together. Telling people they are unwelcome and that you actually fear them? Just because they have only posted once? I had a few people listed that I thought I could get to come along too. They have NEVER posted, on ANY msg board. They simply are not into the whole web thing. Would they be aloud to come, or should I tell them that they need to post to be involved with a get-together?

Heck, before I got medicated LOL I missed soooo many cool gatherings with my Impala club. As a matter of fact, going to one and having such a great time helped pull me out of my shell and get some pills and have allot of good times.

One of the people I met at that first meeting has become my best friend, and having him there for me, he has been invaluable. He never posted to a club site. He liked my car and stopped by my wife's work to ask about it. I knew him through her encounter for like 2 years before we started doing things together. All because I was afraid to meet people IRL.

I dunno, I guess the moral to my BLAH BLAH BLAH is just W T F? :dunno

I suppose I see what your saying, and it makes sense, it just doesnt work for me. I'm sorry but I'm the type of guy who doesnt feel safe inviting in strangers who I dont know come to my house, but thats just me. If he had like 10 posts I would say yes, but that 1 post just doesnt sit right with me. I would be totally fine if you brought along some friends, its different taht way. If you were to bring friends who arent on here/I dont know, you would be responsible for there behavior. Like if your friends came to the get together and were getting on some peoples nerves for whatever reason, I would guess that you would take them aside and as a friend ask them nicely to stop whatever they were doing. If some complete stranger came to the get together and was getting on peoples nerves and I had to take them aside and as a person who hardly knows them ask them to stop what they were doing. If I did that who knows what could happen. I'm sure about 99% of the time that stranger would agree with you and stop, but I dont want to take that chance because if a not known very well came up to me and told me to stop acting the way I do I would probably take offense and thats not a good thing. You may not think that this is accurate thinking but it is my opinion, and I'm sticking with it. Hell if this guy could post a couple of time before it, then I would let him come.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Justin, sent ya a PM.

Man, screw it. Don't worry about this weekend. It seems like everybody around these parts is busy, myself included. But then again, I am always busy|sleepy . Howzabout we have a big ol' rally up in Portland sometime and anybody who reads about it on OB can come? Sounds good to me, so now we just need a place to do it...LOL

We'll chat soon about the, ahem, slight power addition to your rig:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin, sent ya a PM.

Man, screw it. Don't worry about this weekend. It seems like everybody around these parts is busy, myself included. But then again, I am always busy|sleepy . Howzabout we have a big ol' rally up in Portland sometime and anybody who reads about it on OB can come? Sounds good to me, so now we just need a place to do it...LOL

We'll chat soon about the, ahem, slight power addition to your rig:D

Yup I'm with Shane here, screw it the get together is off. There wasnt enough interest in it (even with Rivirrat LOL ). So its off until some later date, or until Shane hosts one up there in Portland.

And my slight power addition is going to be picked up this week ;Sweet . Now its time to get some gauges and an exhaust lined up for the install.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Dude, many thanks for offering to host a rally. The timing just didn't work out for everybody, but hell, at least we know there's a bunch of IDI'ers around here. We'll get it together somewhere. I'll be moving in a house next week with a driveway that can fit 3 trucks and a big street with neighbors that can blow themselves if they don't like it being full of diesel trucks. Fridge is full if beers, grill's in the back yard, and tools are everywhere. Let's do it before it starts raining its balls off.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Dude, many thanks for offering to host a rally. The timing just didn't work out for everybody, but hell, at least we know there's a bunch of IDI'ers around here. We'll get it together somewhere. I'll be moving in a house next week with a driveway that can fit 3 trucks and a big street with neighbors that can blow themselves if they don't like it being full of diesel trucks. Fridge is full if beers, grill's in the back yard, and tools are everywhere. Let's do it before it starts raining its balls off.

Dang man, thats the spirit right there. You post a date, and I will be there ;Sweet .

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
justin-
I finally have some time to weigh in.
Here's my .02...take it or leave it.
firstly, this is the internet. Emotions of the moment are recorded forever. Just check out the waybackmachine.com and you'll see the past as it was today.
Speaking of past history, IIRC there was only one member from the STD days who managed to put on a midwest rally-sized get-together, and he only pulled it off once. Problem is, most people living on the west coast hardly have any time for their own families let alone doing a rally. I've had good sucess with mini-meets over the years with the old Buick crowd and the diesel crowd. Biggest thing I've come to appreciate is that diversity is a good thing. You can only look and talk about our IDI's for so long but more importantly, there can be many new ideas found just looking and talking with the other makes. One of the most memorable get-togethers was the night we took over the parking lot at the Milpitas In-n-Out. There was a good representation of IDI's as well as PSD's along with a few Cummins powered trucks. Not all of those were Dodge chassis either. those definitely got the most attention. One thing we did come away with was a deeper appreciation of all makes and more of a reason why we liked our IDI's the most.
As far as behaviour is concerned, not a single person at any meet I've hosted or attended made an ass of themselves. Granted, there's always the unseen dangers of "strangers" at your property where you live, but you will be mildly suprised that the stalkers and weirdos who "populate" the internet, generally don't hang out on sites like these and the majority of the people are just as normal like you and your neighbors.
You're still young, but you won't be young forever. Being a "hothead" is going to severely limit you career opportunitites when you get older. But keep in mind, background checks are so invasive these days, your comments on these websites are also scrutinized if you ever look for a position that requires a psych workup on your past.
good luck!
-calvin (the original "Calvin" here)

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
Calvin,

You can be Deans friend too if you like.

Calvin

Funny thing about posts and all. No matter how many times you chat with a 13yr girl it is never ok. No I do not know this by experiance.

My point is if someone is going to cause issue with intention then they will gain your trust. Hundreds of posts if that is what it takes.

The thoughts I have on this? In a meeting like this there are always enough good people around that IF in the far fetched chance that some bad apple came along the problem can be handled. Hell I wouldn't **** off most of the people I an friends with, hate to get out of line and NOT be a friend.

Looking forward to the meet in the Portland area.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
justin-
I finally have some time to weigh in.
Here's my .02...take it or leave it.
firstly, this is the internet. Emotions of the moment are recorded forever. Just check out the waybackmachine.com and you'll see the past as it was today.
Speaking of past history, IIRC there was only one member from the STD days who managed to put on a midwest rally-sized get-together, and he only pulled it off once. Problem is, most people living on the west coast hardly have any time for their own families let alone doing a rally. I've had good sucess with mini-meets over the years with the old Buick crowd and the diesel crowd. Biggest thing I've come to appreciate is that diversity is a good thing. You can only look and talk about our IDI's for so long but more importantly, there can be many new ideas found just looking and talking with the other makes. One of the most memorable get-togethers was the night we took over the parking lot at the Milpitas In-n-Out. There was a good representation of IDI's as well as PSD's along with a few Cummins powered trucks. Not all of those were Dodge chassis either. those definitely got the most attention. One thing we did come away with was a deeper appreciation of all makes and more of a reason why we liked our IDI's the most.
As far as behaviour is concerned, not a single person at any meet I've hosted or attended made an ass of themselves. Granted, there's always the unseen dangers of "strangers" at your property where you live, but you will be mildly suprised that the stalkers and weirdos who "populate" the internet, generally don't hang out on sites like these and the majority of the people are just as normal like you and your neighbors.
You're still young, but you won't be young forever. Being a "hothead" is going to severely limit you career opportunitites when you get older. But keep in mind, background checks are so invasive these days, your comments on these websites are also scrutinized if you ever look for a position that requires a psych workup on your past.
good luck!
-calvin (the original "Calvin" here)

I guess I did inmply in the begining that it was only going to be an IDI get together, but truth be told, I would let anybody come.

Calvin,

You can be Deans friend too if you like.

Calvin

Funny thing about posts and all. No matter how many times you chat with a 13yr girl it is never ok. No I do not know this by experiance.

My point is if someone is going to cause issue with intention then they will gain your trust. Hundreds of posts if that is what it takes.

The thoughts I have on this? In a meeting like this there are always enough good people around that IF in the far fetched chance that some bad apple came along the problem can be handled. Hell I wouldn't **** off most of the people I an friends with, hate to get out of line and NOT be a friend.

Looking forward to the meet in the Portland area.

That is very true, about gaining your trust by posting a bunch of times, and I relieze that is what some people will do. I am, though, not worried about that, if one were to see me I highly doubt that they would try to do anything "bad" to me (not trying to brag here). And its not merly because of my opinion taht 1 post isnt enough for someone to come, it is also my parents. Being as it is that I was going to host it here on our property, I have to clear everything with my parents. And trust me you guys, my parents wouldnt allow him, and they wouldnt budge on that whatsoever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle