Oregon/Washington get together

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Maybe I can make it from Redmond, me & the wifey...don't know about Aug 4th though. Kinda quick for me with my nasty helter-skelter little world...:dunno
That's just a couple of weeks from now....later in Aug or Sept be better for me.

If I come I can stop at Safeway & pick up couple of Tootise-Rolls & Butterfingers, put 'em between 2 paper plates. That would be covered dish variety.....I think??:rotflmao :rotflmao

Oh come on, I'm sure you can schedule it in :D .

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I was reallly tempted to give it a try, it would be a days drive for me, but I can't do aug 4th 'cause of work :( Next time though! Nice to have something in the North West side of the world.

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
It is starting to look bad for me for that date also. Sux as I really want to go. I will not give up hope till last minute though. I have been offered the first half of the can though. Not sure that does any good.

Heres hoping,

Calvin

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ok there seems to be alot of guys that cant make it on the 4th. I really cant do it all throughout August after that, the only time after the 4th I really could do it would be September, but then I will be back in school :puke: . So I'm willing to change the get together from the 4th to early September, if theres any complaints let me know. Plus it will give me more time to plan stuff out and what not.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Oh come on, I'm sure you can schedule it in :D .
Probably....but Sept would be better for me.
MIL in Tx not doing good at all!!! & Carol may be going to funeral very soon....however, we been all set for funeral for over a year.
I myself have unreal amount of things happening right now....working on some property, dealing with IRS, stuff, stuff, stuff!
& then I'm nearly afraid to make any for sure plans. I got a pretty good little surgery coming up anytime....Drs debating & trying to put off. I hope they put off forever, but I know better.
Old injury & a kidney bothers me some, kidney stent for last couple years steady. & I've had several little emergency mishaps in last few months....last one was Sat nite about 2 weeks ago.
Most times everything is OK, but can change in matter of minutes.....

Anyway, Sept would be better for me.
James

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This might be the last time I'm on OB until Wensday, cause I'm going on a rafting trip down the Rouge ;Sweet . So before I leave heres whats planned so far. The get together will not be on the 4th, to many people cant make it. So it will be put off until early-mid September. Every should bring a food dish, and I will provide the hamburgers/hotdogs and drinks (Pepsi, coke, thats type of stuff, nothing alcoholic though).

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mapquest shows a round trip from my place to your place at roughly 1100 miles, with my rig getting about 11 mpg, I can't really justify the $325 fuel bill plus motels for the weekend. You guys have fun, tell lots of lies and take lots of pics.

big jake

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on this thread. September may work for me, Aug 4th definitely did not.

big jake, you can fly round trip on Southwest for $98 from SAC to PDX :) I'm sure we (we as in somebody else on that side of the G2G) could arrange a ride for ya :)

It'd be great to meet some (reasonably) local IDI folk!

Mike

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score

big jake, you can fly round trip on Southwest for $98 from SAC to PDX :) I'm sure we (we as in somebody else on that side of the G2G) could arrange a ride for ya :)

It'd be great to meet some (reasonably) local IDI folk!

Mike

Mike:

not a bad idea, but ever since 9/11 I don't do airplanes, don't want the security hassles and long lines, plus I am somewhat independent and don't like to be without ground transportation. If anything, I might consider renting a small econobox and make a road trip that way.

We will see what happens.

big jake

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey jake that 300 d ought to make the trip, Its an IDI isnt it???

FordGuy100

Reaction score
OK lets set the date at Septemeber 1st. This is labor day weekend, I relize that, and I relize this will cause some schedule conflicts, but its the only time I can do it.

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets me out as I have 3 events I am attending down this way in August, all will require motel stays, sorry, this just isn't in the budget. As I said before, get lots of pics and tell plenty of lies, have fun up there.

big jake

FordGuy100

Reaction score
lets me out as I have 3 events I am attending down this way in August, all will require motel stays, sorry, this just isn't in the budget. As I said before, get lots of pics and tell plenty of lies, have fun up there.

big jake

Will do ;Sweet .

So I'm bumping this thread up so people who are planning on attending can see when it is. I have made my final decesion on having it on September 1st. That is the only time I can do it this summer, period end of story. I cant host during the school year, so that rules it out. So it has to be September 1st. That is labor day weekend so lots of people will probably not be able to make it, I'm sorry about that, but I cant host it any other time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker