Opinion on stacks

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about putting stacks on my truck. Its a 93 f250 turbo. Should i do it? pros and cons? what size? more whistle? louder? i have a three inch straight on it now. i want more cackle and noise and i want more whistle. All around i guess i just want more noise :sly
Thanks

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, most of the time i hate them.

But i think im going to run one.

I honestly like a single offset to the passenger side that is not taller than the cab.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I got some on my truck and HATE THEM!!! everytime it rains it blows black **** all over my truck. There deffinitly coming off when I get the money to redo it.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stacks are dumb think about why most people have trucks to put stuff in the bed now you got hot exhaust pipes in there too. They will make it louder in the cab from what I've heard but not sure if you get more cackle or whistle.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
mines no turbo so it crackles all the time, but yea I like them just taller then the cab, but don't forget about interior drone, I believe the larger the pipe the mellower it sounds, and the smaller the cracklier, but its all personal preference you'll definitely get your noise with 4" stacks I'd say go for it, and if you get turn out stacks you don't get as much rain in them. Do it right if you have 4" stacks run 4" pipe through the bed into your 3" pipe. I hate seeing these cheap 2.5" pent pipe going all over the place then going into a 4" stack looks bad and hurts performance.

Last edited:

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I cant stand it when people put stacks on that stick up a couple feet above the cab

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I cant stand it when people put stacks on that stick up a couple feet above the cab

Sometimes its purpose, i saw a dodge that had them about 2.5 Feet above the cab, 45 degree miter angled towards the outsides of the truck. I laughed at him for hours. Then the next dyno meet, i saw the trailer he pulled and understand why he had his retarded looking stacks.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still be laughing if he ran the exhaust under the truck his truck wouldn't look retarded and he wouldn't get soot on the trailer. I'm just saying stacks can look good but if you gotta run then all stupid looking so you can than whats the point.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still be laughing if he ran the exhaust under the truck his truck wouldn't look retarded and he wouldn't get soot on the trailer. I'm just saying stacks can look good but if you gotta run then all stupid looking so you can than whats the point.

I understand. But its about people's taste too, i would never run what he had near my truck but its his truck, im not going to hate him for what he likes. Id be like ****** at that point.

1994IDI

Reaction score
To the OP, if you plan on posting in the future, it will be helpful to us if you fill out your signature.

I had a 4" exhaust into a 5" elbow that ran through the bed, and Y'd into dual 5" mitre cut stacks. No muffler on a factory turbo truck.
The pros; they looked great and sounded great on the highway and let you hear the turbo more around town. I don't think the turbo noise was louder, it was just that it was closer to your head, allowing you to hear it.
The cons; Lost 6" of bed space, and couldn't put anything against them due to the heat. The were very raspy at anything under 2500 rpm's. As mentioned, they make a mess of your truck, constantly covering it in soot. (I would assume that this is not so much of a problem with "turnout" stacks).

I use my truck, and ended up getting rid of them for a straight 4" out the back. To me it sounds much better, and is worth it for the bed space I recovered.
You will definitely get more noise, but as long as you use large enough pipe (4" or larger), I don't think you'll have any cackle. But honestly, why would you want it?

Just my two cents. Good luck, hope it helps.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
i love stacks i had duals 6 inch mitre yea they made a mess i sold them for a new injection pump, i now run a single love it still i had all that on when i had no turbo i now have my ats turbo on and a 6 inch single mitre and i think it sounds sick and i cant wait to buy twin stacks again but im thinkin about bull horns or aussie but if u run mitre they suck for rain u gota cover them if u dont want soot all over your truck when you start it unless u get the internal flapers for the mitre witch look sick to me but thats my thought alls i gota say is i love truck stacks

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I love my stacks, I plan to switch to some aussies and shorten them a bit sometime down the road. Theres no point in having stacks if they dont stick past the cab a little bit though. Why bother installing them if you are just gonna hide them. The wasted bed space is a moot point for me since I have a toolbox. Oh wow, I lost 5" of space...I rarely haul anything small enough to fit in my bed even if it was completely empty. I mounted a bar under the toolbox to stop anything from touching the pipe as well. Noise, what noise, with the turbo the truck is too dang quiet. Unless you spend all day screaming down the road at 2500+ rpm there is no noise. Soot isn't really an issue either, I think I found some soot on my truck once. Stacks also make great handwarmers in the winter.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. But its about people's taste too, i would never run what he had near my truck but its his truck, im not going to hate him for what he likes. Id be like ****** at that point.

Did I really just get compared to ****** for that?:rotflmao I'm off to go burn some stack install manuels.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
IMO, Stacks on Pickups are tooo redneck looking. I laugh at most peeps running them.

If there were any real advantage to having them, they'd come from the factory with um.

If Your into loud noise, dirty trucks, and less box space, then I guess they're for You.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Stacks on a pickup are the same as a fart can and a spoiler on a honda. Ricer extreme... LOL I drive semi so I have an actual use for stacks but you'll never see one on my tow rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online