One of those people

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
HeHe, I might save that and reuse it sometime :rotflmao

Just have F*** instaed of....well you know, and as far as the slang it should be fine, I'm sure anyone who read the OP's post will agree with it 100%.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Someone get his ip address. I'll have some fun with him. :sly

That would be taking it a too little far.

I think by now he probably knows he's wrong..........Or he thinks we're all retarded and he's the only one right...:rotflmao

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Alright i decided to make an edit to my PM and post it.

Well I am sorry that I have not been a diesel mechanic my entire life like you have been.
One thing I can tell you though is you are not going to be making too many friends on here if you come on here and make three posts and not like what someone has to suggest trying to help you because they want to, and then you come back and act like a know-it all about something and call them useless. If you were expecting someone to instantly post back with the solution then you are the ******** here not me. I by no means act like a know-it-all or think I am one because I know that I don’t know everything there is about these trucks.

Since you feel that you can criticize me then I feel it only appropriate for me to get on your case.
Your little chart telling me what colors of smoke mean what is kind of wrong. You are right about the black smoke. The blue can be oil but it can also be fuel. Yes, white can be water but have you ever seen your exhaust on a cold start-up. What color do you see? Unless you are color blind you will see mostly white. Guess what, that is fuel, not water. Do you want to know why? It is because fuel is pumping into the engine for a moment before combustion begins. In order to find out what is wrong with your truck we are going to have to ask questions even if they seem dumb.

Don’t f***in’ insult me when I am trying to help you because I am trying to be nice. And trust me I am not one those terds out there that would rather give some bull **** solution than give no answer at all. Also **** head when you insult me you are insulting my friend and his dad because he used to work at a Ford dealership and is certified to work on these IDI engines and 99% of what I know about these thing I have learned from them and it has all been accurate and true. Before you lashed out at me calling me a retard I was thinking about referring you to a really informative forum that has a ton of good and useful information along with a lot of people that have had these trucks their whole life and are willing to help you. But after this I am saying screw you because you are obviously better than everybody else and don’t need their help. I definitely know they would not like you over there because they don’t like selfish, know-it-alls.

I was going to post this in your thread but I decided I would be the better man and send you this in a private message so we can keep this between ourselves rather than involve others.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
It is actually kind of sad. You took the high road by PMing him to respond to his flame attack. Points go to you.

I am on several other forums and this poor behavior is unfortunately the norm rather than what we dispense and expect here on OB. Unless there is good moderation (and ours is terrific), the forums quickly descend into wild fights between people who hide behind their alias. Even though many here also have aliases, there are far more personal interactions between members than most other forums I know of.

There is the solution, although we carry it out as a matter of keeping the old IDIs running on the road. It is hard to post, "you suck!" to someone you actually have met and talked to. I have seen many members here offer to drive hundreds of miles to help out someone, and Gary (icanfixall) has helped me out on more than one occasion. Ask him about our adventure picking up a 4x4! We also go to the pick-n-pull once in a while.

OB forum members wear the white hats.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
It is actually kind of sad. You took the high road by PMing him to respond to his flame attack. Points go to you.

I am on several other forums and this poor behavior is unfortunately the norm rather than what we dispense and expect here on OB. Unless there is good moderation (and ours is terrific), the forums quickly descend into wild fights between people who hide behind their alias. Even though many here also have aliases, there are far more personal interactions between members than most other forums I know of.

There is the solution, although we carry it out as a matter of keeping the old IDIs running on the road. It is hard to post, "you suck!" to someone you actually have met and talked to. I have seen many members here offer to drive hundreds of miles to help out someone, and Gary (icanfixall) has helped me out on more than one occasion. Ask him about our adventure picking up a 4x4! We also go to the pick-n-pull once in a while.

This is the exact reason why i enjoy logging on everyday.;Sweet

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't moderate here, but am a moderator on two other forums and I agree with what you're saying. Although I must add, there is something about the IDI community at large that makes it easy for everyone to get along. I hardly ever have to moderate anything over on the unnofficial sister forum to this one (IDI section of ford-trucks.com).

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the flame free attitude here comes from the fact the idi is sadly disappearing. So, in order to keep them alive the knowledge that goes along with them needs to be spread to the ones who ask. I belong to a forum for the ford inline sixes and when a question is asked you will get a reply it may be short and brief because it has been asked numerous times, but you will get a reply. I have been lurking in the shadows here for the past few months to gain knowledge so I can ask educated questions, just as I did there for about a year. From what I have read here the answers are detailed and complete. Thanks for posting and providing a good forum for another dying that i don't want to see go out to pasture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online