One of those people

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Red... I don't see these rigs going the way of the plymouth or oldsmoblie went. I feel there is enough interest in them staying around because of the simple method of operation. I belong to a club call ACD (Auburn Cord Duesenberg). These cars were orphened in 1937 but... There is a group of owners that cherrishes these cars for what they were. The Duesenberg group has used the entire planet looking for cars that have been seen during WWII by soldiers. Now they track down those stories trying to find the cars. Several were reported to have been seen in the middle east in caves and barns. So the search countinues to this day. The person that has more information on these cars lives about 30 miles from me. The Cord historian lives about 10 miles from me. We here on this forum are a collective group that will do what it takes to help others stay on the roads driving these rigs. Nobody has to help others. For me its the feeling I get when I know I have taught someone what to do when they have a problem. I try very hard to allow someone the oppertunity to touch their trucks as we are repairing them. This is best described this way. I ask you how would you fix this. And use what you say by adding whats inportant to how you have described to me what you will do. This lesson works because your "doing the work" with your hands. Most anyone can pay to have the work done. And then have no idea what was done. Give a man a fish and he wont be hungry for a day.... Teach hime to fish and he wont be hungry for a lifetime..... Teaching comes easy for me. I'm not better than the person I'm teaching. I'm just experianced in what I know and am willing to share with others. I also am still picking up stuff here all the time and its really refreashing to learn something new. There are those that come to this site with attitudes. They seem to fake away after they have stroked their egos. Maybe they have stroked something else along the way. After they have left us its like the morning after a heavy rain and thunder storm. Clean, freash and a happy day is at hand....:sly

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icanfixall, Have you ever been to the ACD museum in Auburn,Indiana? If not, you have to visit it !!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... Never been there. This year the club is having a convoy from the west coast to the museum. They want 75 Cords in it because this is the 75th year anaversary of the Cord 810 812 model cars. If my car was farther along I would have trailered it in the convoy just be be a part of this event. The cars are heavy but I feel confident my "tow rig" would have done a fine job out it.:D But thats not happening this year. I will attend this big meet some year. Its been a dream for many years to see this place and all the cars. I should start planning the 80th meet...:sly

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Well i think this guy got scarred and went back crying to his mommy. I looked at his profile and he joined on 6-28-11 and his last log-in was on 6-30-11. He lasted a whole two days. guess he could not face the as public as you can get when you are on a forum criticism.

I thought about asking him in his thread if he figured out his problem but i think it might be a waste of time since he has not logged on for almost a month.

Hope i didn't get the hopes up of the you guys that followed this thread when it originally came up by bringing it up again. still no PM or anything from that ****. Honestly i am kind of bumbed he did not respond to the delightful PM i sent him.