On way home, injector line broke in half!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the late reply I did end up getting back home late last night with a lot of diesel fuel all over everywhere. I had the clamps off because I swapped out injection pump and lines and I never put them back on because I didn't think they were necessary. I know now that they are necessary and will put them on as soon as possible after I get the new line in. Thanks for all the advice and by the way where can I get that special socket? I believe the one that broke off is on the driver's side and second from the bottom of the pump. What is the best way to clean all the diesel fuel out of there can I just spray it down? I also noticed what looked like oil leaking on the driver's side right above the manifold closest to the radiator I don't know if that is the valve cover gasket or something else.
Congratulations on making it home!

Honestly, if you can swing it, I would think seriously about replacing all of the injector lines. Only one actually cracked, but it wouldn't surprise me if the other 7 are weakened and close to cracking as well, and may crack in the near future even with the clamps re-installed. Better to deal with it now than to have another problem on the side of the road.

I like the emergency injector hose; I wonder if you can find them for other engines as well?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My issue with the emergency injector hose is you still need to reach the bottom lines and from here I can tell you its no picknic. Would be nice to carry this line but does anyone know what size wrench it takes??? The line nuts are 5/8. If this is 11/16 you will need a wrench to fit plus the 5/8 wrench. For me to replace the number 2 cylinder hard line I had to remove the first clamp on the drivers side. then all that side hard lines from the pump plus the number 1 cylinder hard line. That fuel filter bracket needs to be removed and so does the throttle cables. Otherwise your shooting yourself in the foot trying to reach the bottom line nuts on the back of the injection pump. Now try doing this on a hot engine with gloves and tell me how fun it is.. Nope.. Its a job no matter how you do it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US