Old school tunes

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point! Providing you could stream old basement recordings of Chris ledoux! Haha I have a smartphone....... But I am not! It's capable of way more than I am! And there's no replacement for the fun of rolling your tape back up with ink pen after your deck tried to have it for lunch! Or fwd or rwd to the one and only good song on the tape! Now everything comes with an easy button! Lol!

Rainer1965

Reaction score
You know the four bottles of life?

Man, I am at number three already

You must be registered for see images attach

But back to topic : anyone of you aware if a OEM US radio would work in Europe? In my 93 E350 Van I have got a new, pretty modern looking one and am searching for a single DIN, as original than possible.

Liebe Grüße,
Rainer

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer: yes.
They call the AM band "medium wave", but the frequencies are close, and the modulation
is the same. Same with FM.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or can always convert tapes to CD.
But most of the aftermarket stereos will blow any stocker out of the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
nobody likes "borrowing" my trucks. you're lucky to find a working factory radio. when most of your engagements involved CQB, permanent hearing damage is part of something you learn to live with. it does cut down on the cost of nice audio equipment though :D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nobody likes "borrowing" my trucks. you're lucky to find a working factory radio. when most of your engagements involved CQB, permanent hearing damage is part of something you learn to live with. it does cut down on the cost of nice audio equipment though :D

No u need MORE POWER BIGGER SPEAKERS LOUDER MUSIC to compensate

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the four bottles of life?

Man, I am at number three already 

You must be registered for see images attach

But back to topic : anyone of you aware if a OEM US radio would work in Europe? In my 93 E350 Van I have got a new, pretty modern looking one and am searching for a single DIN, as original than possible.

Liebe Grüße,
Rainer
DIN is a EU concoction. you should have no issues with US and EU radio compatibility. US has already confromed.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a single DIN Alpine CDE-SXM145BT in mine. Bluetooth, CD, front usb input ;Sweet I can play over 1000 ol' time hurtin' songs none-stop. Bought a miniature 8G USB stick BLACK... you would never notice it as it sticks out about 1/4 inch.

Boat got the Pioneer that I took out of it... didn't have Bluetooth :rolleyes:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I thought when I read the title of this thread was - "waitaminit, there are no 'tunes' for an IDI; it's mechanically-injected...."

Options:
- Stock AM/FM Cassette, with a 3mm-jack-to-cassette adapter. Allows you to play those old tapes, and plug in an MP3 player of whatever ilk.
- Stock AM/FM cassette, with a 3mm-jack-to-FM modulator. NOT an FM TRANSMITTER, but a MODULATOR. Connects in-line with the antenna wire, so pretty good quality and no fuzzy "reception" issues. Same MP3/phone/whatever connection as above
- Convert all your old cassettes to MP3. Would probably be a good idea anyway, in order to preserve the content.

We're doing above option 1 in one of our PSDs with the stock cassette radio. In the other, the cassette deck doesn't play one channel, so I opted for option 2 above. Both work well enough for us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online