Old bw overdrive behind t19?

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a guy selling a old borg warner t86 for 200$ he says the overdrive unit will mount to any bw trany I'm wondering if it might mount to the t19 anyone know about anything like that? sure seems like if it'd work it'd be lots cheaper that a gear vendor or ranger

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck but I'm not talking bout the t86 itself I'm wondering bout the overdrive unit attached to it

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an impossible question to answer until we know just what the over-drive unit is. :dunno

So, what you have found is a Borg-Warner T86 transmission WITH some unknown over-drive unit attached, RIGHT ??

Are there any identification tags or such on the unit ??
:)

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually by my understanding its a standard borg warner overdrive unit that was used behind several different transmissions until the 70s which I originally thought was an overdrive fire auto trans but turns out it was used behind auto and manual mostly 3 on the tree but I can try to find out more

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could but I haven't figured out how to put em on here yet cuz I don't have a computer only my droid phone

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sort of except I have a t19 that I wanting to know if I could put the overdrive from a t86 behind but thankyou