OK maybe i am crazy!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
My crack free and relatively good condition dash finally cracked when i went flying over a speed bump (it already has the passenger side reinforcement kit). I've been looking at overlays, but i haven't seen one in person. Cal recommended a dash carpet but i personally cant stand the look of them.

Does someone have a pic of the glue in place overlay before i put a bricknose dash in my truck? I swear bricknose dashes are indestructible like old MB-Tex.

I will ditch a vehicle if the dash is cracked. I can't stand it! I sold my suburban when it started cracking as i couldn't deal with seeing them. everything else in that truck i had already replaced.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And get a light tint put on your windshield. Legal? Doubtful. But twenty years on the road and no cracks in my dash...

sassyrel

Reaction score
My crack free and relatively good condition dash finally cracked when i went flying over a speed bump (it already has the passenger side reinforcement kit). I've been looking at overlays, but i haven't seen one in person. Cal recommended a dash carpet but i personally cant stand the look of them.

Does someone have a pic of the glue in place overlay before i put a bricknose dash in my truck? I swear bricknose dashes are indestructible like old MB-Tex.

I will ditch a vehicle if the dash is cracked. I can't stand it! I sold my suburban when it started cracking as i couldn't deal with seeing them. everything else in that truck i had already replaced.

IF ,you have one in town,,they can fix those cracks.......there used to be a guy,,in the next big city that did them. he used to charge 50.00,,and bring it to his place. he could really match them..couldnt tell it either....talk to the car dealers,,if theres such a person in your area.....or ask darrin tosh about it...

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its grey there are white a few crack free dashes here in the yards. I had a spare in a parts truck that was black but my brother just bought the whole truck. I also have several 87-91that dashes in tan and may be grey as well.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
You would really hate my truck- the dash spent most of its life in the hot Vegas sun and it looks like a 97 year-old smokers face.

BTW- what do I owe you for postage??

91F250XLIDI

Reaction score
Ok since nobody else said it I think your crazy. :rotflmao:rotflmao

But in my oppinion the only way to fix it is a new dash. The aftermarket cover up products look just like a cheep cover up. And that isnt any better then a cracked dash.

If you can find somebody who is really good at vinyl repar that wouldnt be a bad option either.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I've seen those dashboards go for $900... Just saying...

I just replaced mine, no cracks and no annoying squeeks...

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
You would really hate my truck- the dash spent most of its life in the hot Vegas sun and it looks like a 97 year-old smokers face.

BTW- what do I owe you for postage??

I dunno. I haven't sent it back out yet. If you need it, i'll send it out monday.

As for the dash, i really really don't feel like yanking my dash. I'm soooo tired from work. Got a 2008 Grand Cherokee i gotta do the evaporator in tommorow and the last thing i want to do is pull my own dash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle