OK help!

Moosebob

Reaction score
I may be too late, but you should check the turbo bearings before install, since you said it was hard to spin. Just hope none of the bearings are shot.

It is turning ok now, not as freely as I would like. However, I was trying to turn it while I was cranking to get oil around it and when I get oil pressure built up the turbo stops turning. When the pressure goes away it will turn again. No idea what's up with that. Also no idea how to check the bearings on the turbo. There isn't any play in it so I don't think it's getting pushed over into the housing.

Moosebob

Reaction score
Update again.... Truck is all back together and running. Gets about 45psi on a cold start at 45 degrees. Must have been that one plug behind the front oil cooler header. Thanks so much to the ******* at the Knights Auto Machine Shop who didn't put the 75 cent plug back in.

Now the next issue... Drove the truck today and every time I let off the gas for a red light or to shift, it stalls. It will start right up again and it idles fine all day long. I turned up the idle slightly thinking that might help but it doesn't. My tach doesn't work but the idle sounds higher than what it should be now. Anyone have any ideas? Timing maybe?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the timing advance on the side of the IP, could be stuck in. If your timing is way advanced or retarded, it can cause a stall.

Attachments

• DVC01376[1].JPG
    DVC01376[1].JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 30

Moosebob

Reaction score
Research showed the most likely culprit was the metering valve sticking inside the IP. Took the top of it off and it was stiff compared with my old IP. Worked it around a while then sucked out some of the diesel and filled it with ATF. Let it sit a while and worked it some more. Felt better after that so I buttoned it up and wouldn't ya know it, problem solved. Glad to have my truck back after 4 months!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle