Oil pan gasket and price of motor mounts

Fitzy

Reaction score
Replacing oil pan gasket on my 7.3. Purchased Felpro part 0S 34200 C. My pan only had RTV for the gasket. Is this what the factory used ? Should I use the Felpro gasket or just RTV ? The gasket is cork and rubber composit and is one piece type. Anyone ever use it ? Also, priced new motor mounts for my 93 F 350, Ford dealer wants $54 for left side and $189 for right side !!!! He couldn't explain why the right side was so much more. Auto parts stores in my area can't get the right side mount. What gives ? Any one have any advice. Thanks in advance, Fitzy

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
RTV only! I'm preferential to the for gray RTV. That stuff seals like no other!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the mounts.... 80 bucks shipped. used but good condition.
ive have yet to come across a busted engine mount.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please send back the oil pan gasket. As already posted, the facory used RTV and nothing else. Also use brakclean several times to insure the surfaces are clean. Use plenty in the seams where the end plates make up a seal or you will have a leak there. I use an old tooth brush and brakclen in the cracks to insure all the oil is removed. Never had a leak yet. My prefered RTV is permatex ultra copper. It stinks and is high heat plus oil resistant....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle