Oil leaks are officially fixed.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck is had several small oil leaks, I cant stand leaks so i repaired them. well I did my second oil change today. I used NO oil between oil changes. Woo hoo. Got her running clean now.

Anyhow, just happy to have them fixed.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Congratulations! I had mine fixed once, it lasted a week then she started some new ones. I now only worry about really big leaks. Has to leave a trail. LOL

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my rear main last fall and no drips! Its a great feeling to be sure!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am somewhat surprised it doesnt seem to be burning any either. Dipstick was still showing almost full when i drained it.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the trouble spots on these engines? I've got some I need to track down but there's so much its hard to know where its coming from. Oil cooler is number 1 on the priority list.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I have seen oil leak at the front and rear of the heads at the mating surface of the heads and block. where that gasket is. Its a well know spot but usually won't leak a whole lot but of all the typical oil leaks this once concerns me the most...I don't worry about main seal leaks until they get quite bad. A little "sweating" past the seal won't even phase me.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was no rear main seal left on mine:rotflmao....just the metal frame. leaking bad is quite a understatement.

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got this truck it was leaking oil like crazy... dip stick tube, valve cover gaskets, oil drain plug, turbo oil feed on the back of the engine. Now that I've fixed this stuff I'm seeing rust in a bunch of new places :dunno... you just can't win it seems.