Oil film.........

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Got a slight film of oil on the valley and inner sides of the heads/
intake mflds.

Doesn't seem to be clean around the pedastal---which would show the orign---- just an all over misting that has attracted some road grime.

My old IDI I would just ****** it off and not worry but this is my first PSD and have heard horror storys regarding douching.

What do you guys use to clean the valley area and where should I look for this annoying mist:confused:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the base of the turbo for leaking o-rings. On the intercooled models the intercooler boots will also leak. You could also check the fuel filter housing, It is also in the valley and could be leaking fuel;Lick

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for cleaning the engine valley and under the turbo I have used a shop rag tied to the end of a long screwdriver to get oil out of the impossible to get to areas;)

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
So a ****** is "verboden"?
Doesn't seem to be coming from the pedastal, and I'm not intercooled..............YET!

Gonna check the fuel canister .........get a faint wiff of hot diesel every now and again.

Thanx!

NemoRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try checking the fuel filter lid/seal. I have had them seap a little causing a big mess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314