Oil cooler is done with Pics & Video

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I took my sweet time pulling it out and cleaning it, and making doubly shur that it wouldn't leak from the cooler or the block, soo it took me 3hrs to do it.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Verry nice info, ;Sweet I will use this info to do mine. I have 4 coolers in my stockpile after I get the best one rebuilt, I will clean up the rest and sell them in the marketplace, seems like most guys will want to rebuild one in their spare time than have to do it at the worst possible time.:eek:

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I I had no idea Victor reinz made a set of oil cooler o-rings. That part number should be added to the parts bin. The dealership wanted to charge me $70 plus for ford o-rings.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You for this thread with pics, instructions and part #'s. I'm thinking I will need to do this on My 84 6.9l, this thread really helps Me.

hotrod316

Reaction score
it pretty simple to do i cant see it taking more then a couple hour. i see you have it out allready you should check make sure its not pluged up .and becareful when put the orings in lube them up with some oil and it chould slide together you will have to push pretty hard .

when you put it back on the block make sure gaskets stay in place

good luck
Well so far I can only speak on pulling the oil cooler out and taking it apart. 20 min to "cleanly" get it out and 45 min cleaning and discovering how bad may corrosion is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online