OH, WHAT A CIRCUS,

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

As several of you know, I bought a one-owner, low-mileage 6.9, Super-cab 1986 XLT LARIAT (sight unseen) off of a ranch up in North Texas. - Rather than PMing everyone that asked, here's the story.
(54,927 actual miles.)

A friend of the seller volunteered to bring the truck to me for a LOW cost.

The circus began last night at 2100, when he arrived on the ranch with truck & trailer. It took until 0200 to get the PU loaded & boomered down on the trailer, after having to take the fenders off the trailer.
(This was accomplished in a major thunderstorm. - Dion said that the two of them looked like "drowned rats" by the time that the truck was loaded & the fenders put back on.)

He left the Ft Worth area about 0300 & headed south to San Antonio, driving the 300 miles through "a major weather event" with heavy rain, large hail, flooding, damaging winds, etc. & finally arrived in San Antonio at 1300.

Then he got lost on the way to my place & it was nearly 1430 by the time he found my place & we unloaded the PU off the trailer.

BRAVE MAN to have delivered the PU through that MESS. = He averaged about 35MPH through the storm.

Nonetheless, the PU is NICE & as the saying goes, "all's well that ends well".

yours, satx

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yeah even a nasty tornado event and flooding to boot.good to hear they got her to you safely.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Warden; FORDF250HD,

Like I said, Dion is a BRAVE MAN to have driven through that mess.
He said that the only thing that he didn't have to drive through was a tornado, though the winds were gusting to 60MPH, according to a radio broadcast.

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
riotwarrior,

UNDERSTOOD. - We're in the midst of a major storm cycle all over South TX, so this week doesn't look too good for photos.

Once I get a camera & learn how to use it AND get the PU cleaned up a bit, I'll do that.

yours, satx

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was drug through 300 miles of car wash it should be squeaky clean.

LOL

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
laserjock,

Well, there is that, though it was likely more like 12 hours in a power-washer machine = Supposedly >8 inches of wind-driven rain since Midnight!!!!!!
(CHUCKLE)

yours, satx

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly >8 inches of wind-driven rain since Midnight!!!!!!
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Meanwhile, out here, we get "STORM WATCH" warnings for light drizzle, and 2 inches in a day is considered the Storm of the Century.

On the other hand, we have our own custom foot massager...only problem is, we don't get to choose when it powers on, and it only lasts a few seconds LOL (and sometimes takes out buildings or overpasses)

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Warden,

Remember, we live on the edge of the desert & rain here seems to come in FLOODS & NONE at all.

yours, satx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726